I am having a very odd issue with screens not scaling properly after login. It is almost as they don’t recognize the resolution of the monitor and expand.
• Xen Desktop 7.14.1
• Server 2016 + Fully Patched
• Vmware ESXI
• Nvidia Grid GPU setup as passthrough device to VM. VM is functioning as Xen Desktop VDA (shared hosted).
• Viewsonic SC-T35 Thin Clients
• When users log in, the display does not appear to scale properly. Only the top upper left hand corner of 1 screen has the desktop background (no mouse/icons) The screens are setup as 1920x1080 (for both screens), running the same DPI (same model).
• This only happens when they log into a VDA that has a pass through GPU configured.
I did a good deal of troubleshooting yesterday. Oddly enough, I found that if the Citrix Profile Management Service is disabled, the issue goes away (which makes no sense). This means that the end user is using a local profile on the server, instead of a profile stored on a UNC.
Screenshot of scaling issue.