XenDesktop 7.6 FP3 Pass-through to Windows 7

Hi,

we have setup Xendesktop 7.6 FP3 with Windows 7 clients and Pass-through GPU. The server is a Dell R730 with K2 GRID cards. We have XenServer 6.5 SP1 installed on the server.

Everything seems to be ok; AutoCad is finally using the correct hardware for accelleration and GPU-Z and CUDA-Z sees the K2 card.

The problem wh have, is when we resize the Desktop viewer window (eg. from full-screen to windowed mode). Then the Desktop Viewer windows gets grey, and stays grey until the VDI is restartet og the user is logged off.

Have anyone seen this issue, and have a sollution for this?

Kind Regards,

Kent

Some more testing have been done, and I have found the following:

If i open up Nvidia Control Panel, and load a random EDID file for the monitor, I can then change resolution and resize the Desktop Viewer window. This will work until i logoff and log on again (or reboot the VDI).

Not a very good workaround… does any one know of a permanent fix?

What driver version do you have in use?

Which specific VDA version do you have installed?

Which Receiver version do you have?

What OS edition do you have as the Guest OS?

Hi,

1. I’m using the latest (362.13) for Desktop (Win7). Same issue also occured with older versions
  2. 7.6.300.7020
  3. I’m using Receiver 4.4.0.8014
  4. Windows 7 Enterprise (fully patched)

I’ve done some more testing, and it might look like it got something to do with the default monitor that’s being used. Do you know how I can reset/remove all monitors (and setting) and get this back to default (and what should that be? Standard VGA? )

Kind Regards,

Kent