AGX Xavier Jetpack 4.2 Flashing Failed (At Around 98%)

@khoongweihao

Quick confirm:Are you flashing with devkit board right?And pls also confirm the disk size which sdkmanager could manage.

@alanz Yes I am flashing with the AGX developer kit, not the module. The VM’s current total size is 50GB (had to down-size it due to space limitations on my host PC), with actual size 45.59GB. I can increase the disk size, but my host PC may have issues.

Do let me know I I understood your questions right.

Thanks again!

Please refer to this wiki page for some debug tip.
https://elinux.org/Jetson/General_debug

Below log from your previous log blocks your flash procedure.

• 20:12:52 INFO : Flash Jetson AGX Xavier : Error: None of the bootloaders are running on device. Check the UART log.

Also in your latest result of jetpack4.3, it hits this issue again.

Error: None of the bootloaders are running on device. Check the UART log.

I cannot tell whether it is due to VM or not. Better finding a native ubuntu host if possible.

Dump the UART log should also give out some clue.

@WayneWWW Thanks for the feedback and suggestions. I’ll take a look at the wiki page as you have suggested.

Just to clarify, by native Ubuntu host, do you mean something like Ubuntu 18.04 LTS downloaded (can be from Windows app store) and installed in Windows? I actually do have something like that, which looks like the following:

Hi,

No, I meant a host that installed ubutnu, not VM.

@WayneWWW Yes, what i was referring to is this Installing a Native Ubuntu Terminal on Windows 10 – Water Programming: A Collaborative Research Blog, not the VM like Virtualbox. Is the Ubuntu terminal from the Windows store considered a VM? Apologies I am not familiar with these…

@WayneWWW I’ve extracted the two possible zipped logs extractable from the sdkmanager. As I cannot upload .zip files here (don’t see the option for me to do so), I’ve added a .log extension to them to get by this limitation. Kindly remove the .log extensions when accessing the .zip folders, which I’ve attached below. For the UART log, I can’t seem to find it… is it within those two zip folders?

SDKM_logs_2020-04-07_21-22-49.zip.log (289.1 KB)
SDKM_logs_JetPack_4.3_Linux_for_Jetson_AGX_Xavier_2020-04-07_20-07-56.zip.log (287.0 KB)

i’ve also chanced upon a post where the user faced a similar problem: Flash Jetson OS fails on Jetson AGX Xavier.....stuck at 99.8%.

A simple Ubuntu terminal is probably insufficient for flash. You basically need a full install of Ubuntu 18.04, but this can be set up as dual boot with Windows. It sounds like you are short on disk space though, and I’d actually advise to install Ubuntu to a new disk and leave the original Windows alone (you’d end up picking which to boot to as you start your computer).

Understand that during a flash loopback devices are employed, and that these are more than terminal programs. Loopback requires an actual Linux kernel be running, and a VM will have this, but any standalone terminal which otherwise looks like Linux probably won’t have that ability.

Note that flashing can probably consume 40GB of space on the host PC without much effort. Actually installing Linux would take a lot of space, and so once you’ve installed SDK Manager your VM must be close to being full. In a case where your VM is running out of space, then it is possible some of the content is truncated…including that previously missing file, “icon_retry.svg”. Regardless, a VM tends to be a source of pain.

1 Like

For the UART log, I can’t seem to find it… is it within those two zip folders?

No, sdkmanager does not provide the uart log.
The UART log is the serial console log from your device. You must use some tools like minicom on your host to read it.
I put the info in the link of general debug page. Please do read it.

To make it more simple to understand, just forget about sdkmanager at this moment. I notice many users new to jetson platform would get confused by it.
Please use flash.sh script on your host directly. As for the info of this script, the wiki page also tells where to find it.

@linuxdev @WayneWWW Thank you for the continued support, feedback and suggestions once again. Do give me some time to digest all the information you have given, so that I do not make some deeper blunder on my end which may make debugging harder. In summary, I’ll address @WayneWWW’s points first, then try performing a dual-boot some time later as @linuxdev has suggested.

Thanks again and I’ll be in touch soon once I get the UART log extracted, or when I encounter any hitches (hopefully not).

Actually linuxdev and I are talking about the similar issue here. You need a dual-boot system to boot into ubuntu and then you could use the flash.sh to flash your board…

1 Like

@WayneWWW Awesome, thanks for pointing that out! I’ll proceed to setting up a dual-boot, after I’ve freed some memory on my disk.

@WayneWWW @linuxdev I have tried dual booting my Windows and used SDK Manager to flash and install packages on my AGX Xavier, and its a success!

Most of the time was spent trying to set up dual boot and making space for shrinkage of the disk on Windows 10. Had to turn off hibernation, search indexing, virtual memory, etc so that I could shrink out 55GB disk space.

All seems fine on my Xavier at the moment, CUDA Toolkit 10.0 is up and the configurations seem fine!

Thank you all so much for the continuous support thus far and do let me know if you require any input for this matter. :)

32.1可以使用cpu调速吗

Please file a new topic in English. Thanks.

Pls refer to the nvpmodel tools for dynamic config.

B&R

Alan

nx开发套件 can口如何使用呢,是sd卡启动那个

Hi junxing.liang,

Your problem is not related to this topic.
Please file a new topic for it and please write in English.

I have the same issue on a native ubuntu host.