Applications Error

Whenever I try to start up the AI Workbench, I get an error that says “Application Error: Something happened, please contact support or try restarting the application and installer.”

Uninstalled and attempted to reinstall, same error.

Popped into a few other posts, no avail. I’m very new to Umbutu and Linux as a whole, so please be gentle.

2 Likes

Hi

Help us respond more quickly by giving basic info about the issue. Fill in the appropriate details in the sections below. Make sure to upload screenshots and logs.

Which Workbench location had the issue?

(local or remote)

What is the Operating System for your local Workbench?

(Windows, Ubuntu 22.04 or macOS )

What is the Workbench Desktop App version?

(0.25.30 or 0.28.29)

Was the issue with the Desktop App or the CLI?

( Desktop App or CLI)

Summary of the Issue

(your particular issue here)

What are the error messages?

(your error messages here)

What are the steps to reproduce

(how you got to the issue)

Upload screenshots or logs

I am having the same issue.

“Something happened, please contact support or try restarting the application and installer.”

Local

MacOS Sonoma Version 14.3.1 (23D60)

Desktop App - “Something happened, please contact support or try restarting the application and installer.”

Summary of the Issue
Install Error - “Something happened, please contact support or try restarting the application and installer.”

“Something happened, please contact support or try restarting the application and installer.”

Reinstall

I also have the same issue.

Local

Windows 11 Professional 23H2

Desktop App - “Something happened, please contact support or try restarting the application and installer.”

Summary of the Issue
Install Error - “Something happened, please contact support or try restarting the application and installer.”

Reinstall

workbench installer

(local or remote)
local

windows 11 pro build 22631.3155
(Windows, Ubuntu 22.04 or macOS )

(0.25.30 or 0.28.29)

( Desktop App or CLI)
desktop app

Summary of the Issue

(your particular issue here)
attempting to install ai workbench and once it finishes download of WSL2, it throws up an error

(your error messages here)
application error, something happened, please contact support or try restarting the application and installer

shutdown the install, restart and it happens over and over
(how you got to the issue)
running through install step after it downloads WSL 2. (also have a 19mb video of the process and error as it happens)

Upload scre

enshots or logs

Hi

We need to see the logs.

Go in ....\Users\yourname\AppData\Local\NVIDIA Corporation\AI Workbench\logs. There is a file named main. Please post it here or email it to aiworkbench-ea@nvidia.com

Tyler

1 Like

I emailed the log per your post.

main.log (156.2 KB)

main.log (66.5 KB)

OK. I solved my problem. It was WSL2 not having the right distro. Upon the initial install, for some reason it skipped the ubuntu distro and went straight to the nvidia-workbench once. The problem is when in the sequence of the installer, it is supposed to do the ubuntu first, then download and install the nvidia-workbench version of ubuntu-22.04.

Given that it skipped the normal ubuntu one, it would go into application failed to install, call support.

Once i was able to figure out this step, I installed a normal ubuntu distro from microsoft store, set that as default, then unregistered any distros named nvidia-workbench. When i re-ran the installer, it followed the steps and was able to install according to the coded steps.

I hope that helps anyone who is having a similar issue.

1 Like

Please update the latest version of wsl2 before install nvdia ai workbench

main.log (156.2 KB)

Hi janeconan,

Sorry for taking so long to reply.

Looking at the logs, I see that you are using an old version of the CLI, version 0.13.14 which is from January 2024.

Can you please update to the latest AI Workbench version?

You should be able to just download and run the Windows’ installer from here.

Let me know if it works!

Tyler