Apt upgrade problem: Errors were encountered while processing: nvidia-l4t-bootloader

My Env:

R32 (release), REVISION: 4.4, GCID: 23942405, BOARD: t210ref, EABI: aarch64, DATE: Fri Oct 16 19:44:43 UTC 2020

After image burning is initially completed, run:

sudo apt update
sudo apt upgrade -y

Always met this error:

Setting up nvidia-l4t-bootloader (32.4.4-20201027211359) ...
3448-300---1--jetson-nano-qspi-sd-mmcblk0p1
Starting bootloader post-install procedure.
ERROR. Procedure for bootloader update FAILED.
Cannot install package. Exiting...
dpkg: error processing package nvidia-l4t-bootloader (--configure):
 installed nvidia-l4t-bootloader package post-installation script subprocess returned error exit status 1
Errors were encountered while processing:
 nvidia-l4t-bootloader
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

Running command : sudo i2cdump -f -y 2 0x50, get info : 699-13448-0000-402 .

Do I need to fix this error?

Thanks a lot.

hello luohy128,

may I know what’s your command/steps to flash R32.4.4 release version. don’t you had already install the binaries by flashing Jetpack release.
may I know what’s the actual purpose for running sudo apt upgrade -y?

I bought a new nano, then used to burn ‘jetson-nano-4gb-jp441-sd-card-image. Zip’ for SD, and then started to update the system: apt update and apt upgrade.

In fact, last year I installed 12 nanos in the same way, and everything is OK. But today, I made this error on the new nano just now.

hello luohy128,

it’s $ sudo apt upgrade for moving to the new BSP release,
however, according to those output logs, you’ve still download r32.4.4, which is the same as your bootloader image.
so, you can ignore this if you would like to stay at the same release.

furthermore,
if you’re going to update to new minor release; please check developer guide, Over-the-Air (OTA) Update to update the full image running on a Jetson device, partition by partition.
thanks

According to what you said, if I ignore this problem, won’t it affect my future work?

My only job with nano is to use Yolo4 for target detection.

hello luohy128,

as I mentioned, you’ve already installed the bootloader binaries as same as your L4T release version.
this isn’t an error instead of warning messages since the COMPATIBLE_SPEC has only generated in the Debian package.
FYI, you won’t see such failure by moving to r32.5 or later L4T release versions.

Thanks, I’ll try

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.