I am preparing a list of all features that are needed for asking for a carrier board. I am referring to the NVIDIA Jetson AGX Xavier Developer Kit Carrier Board Specification. I am unsure what do the following ports/features serve ? Can I remove them in their respective cases (as listed below)?
• HDMI™ Type A connector
• 2x VESA® DisplayPort™ (DP) routed to Type C connectors
I am planning to get a single display. Is the
2x VESA® DisplayPort required when I just wanna go with a HDMI ?
Camera Expansion Header
• 120-pin (2x60) Board-Board
• CSI: 6, x2 – 8, x4 (D-PHY or C-PHY)
• Camera CLK, I2C and Control
I am going to use USB for the cameras so I can I remove all these headers ? Especially the last one ?
M.2 Key E Connector
• PCIe x1 Lane, USB 2.0
• I2S, UART, I2C, Control
NVIDIA Jetson AGX Xavier Developer Kit Carrier Board SP-09778-001_v2.1 | 3
M.2 Key M Connector
• PCIe x4 Lane, Control
I have asked the OEM to increase the number of USB ports; I suppose that they will use the PCIe-to-USB expansion card. Also as its their decision, can I just remove both these M.2 connectors ?
• 40-pin (2x20) header
• I2C, SPI, UART, I2S, CAN, D-MIC
I am going to need CAN as well as UART for the end-product. What are the ways that I ask for only both of these ?
• JTAG Connector (2x5-pin header)
Is it needed in the carrier board ?
• Fan Connector: 5V, PWM and Tach
How is PWM defined here ? Where are the pins ?
• DC Jack: 9V to 20V (19V Adapter included)
• Main 5V Supply: NCP81239
• Main 3.3V Supply: TPS53015
• Main 1.8V Buck Supply: APW7307
• USB VBUS Load Switches: RT9715 and APL3511
• 12V Buck-Boost (PCIe): NCP81239
• Load Switches/LDOs (SD/HDMI/Display/Camera)
Are all of these needed ?