Audio noise

Hello, I have placed the Orin NX module into the Xavier NX carrier and encountered an audio issue. I need your help. Thank you.
After installing the Orin NX module on the carrier board that passed the Xavier NX module test, I followed the manual to develop the driver. However, there was noise in the audio after the development board started; After entering the system with my account and password, there was still some noise for a while, but I had not played the audio yet; During audio playback, there is also be noise, causing the music to be difficult to hear clearly. After Ctrl+C ends the playback, there will be a period of continuous noise for about 4 seconds.

Hi,
We would suggest try Orin Nano carrier board. Orin Nano carrier board is designed for Orin NX modules and Orin Nano modules.

Orin NX module + Xavier NX carrier board can boot up in HDMI output, but certain functions may not be working or stable.

Is the design of the power supply, communication, and other hardware inconsistent between the Xavier NX and Orin NX carrier boards? It seems that the interface is universal

There are four lists in the pinmux file of Orin NX, and I am using “Jetson_Orin_NX_Series_+HDMI A01”. What is the difference between these four lists? Could it be the problem caused here

Jetson_Orin_NX_Series_+DP A01
Jetson_Orin_NX_Series_+HDMI A01
Jetson_Orin_NX_Series_+DP A03
Jetson_Orin_NX_Series_+HDMI A03

There is another issue. When I use the command line to increase the volume, the actual output volume remains basically unchanged. When the volume reaches a maximum of 63, the sound will only slightly increase; But if i use the alsamixer graphical interface to debug this parameter, such as increasing from 50 to 51, the volume will increase significantly. However, after the system restarts, check that the volume value remains the same, and the actual sound will decrease again (restore to the volume when debugging using the command line)

amixer -c 1 cset name=‘WM Headphone Volume’ 63,63

Hi,
Please share us the steps to replicate the issue on Orin NX module + Orin Nano carrier board. We will set up and check.

Sorry, there is currently no Orin nano carrier board available at the moment.

Hi,
Please check
https://developer.nvidia.com/embedded/faq#jetson-compatibility

Orin NX module and Xavier NX module aren’t pin to pin compatible. So certain functions may not work properly on Orin NX module+Xavier NX carrier board.

We have already changed the power module of the Xavier NX carrier based on the Orin nano carrier. Do we need to change other modules?

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.