Back Panel Ethernet Connection for sensor

Hardware Platform: DRIVE AGX Xavier™ Developer Kit
Software Version: DRIVE Software 10
Host Machine Version: native Ubuntu 18.04
SDK Manager Version: 1.3.1.7110

Hi,
In the following image, can the highlighted port be used to connect a sensor through RJ45 cable? e.g. GPS unit

Will the port be available on Xavier A? Is the device name enp4s0?

Thanks

Dear @SagarS,
FYI, Could you check the discussion in Using the Rear 10GbE ports (J20, J59) on NVIDIA Drive AGX about 10GB ports.
Could you check connecting your sensors via dual GBE dongle and HSD connectors.

@SivaRamaKrishnaNV
Thanks for the feedback.
Regarding using the dual GBE dongle, I currently have one dongle.

In reference to the image attached below, can the 2 RJ45 lines be connected to 2 different devices? Will I get separate IPs for both the devices?

Screenshot from 2020-12-31 02-00-05

Dear @SagarS,
May I know which sensor you want to connect via ethernet?

@SivaRamaKrishnaNV Its OXTS RT3000v3

@SivaRamaKrishnaNV I see that the GPS unit has a static ip of 192.0.0.25 and port 3000. It used UDP.

How would I go ahead and connect this to Nvidia DRIVE AGX? Do I have change IP of some interface?

1. I tried ‘sudo ifconfig enp4s0 195.0.0.200 netmask 255.255.255.0 up’ . But could not access GPS device on its IP when connected on back panel.

2. If I were to connect it on eth0 using the ethernet dongle, how would I go about it? Which interface ip should be changed? Because one of the port is being used by Velodyne Lidar.

Dear @SagarS,
Just for clarification, you want to connect Ethernet based GPS sensor to DRIVE AGX?

@SivaRamaKrishnaNV
Yes, that’s right. I was able to get the GPS sensor working with AGX through ethernet.
We can close this issue.

Thanks

Dear SagarS,
Thank you for providing update. If possible, could you share your connection details here to help others in the community