Custom Sensor: Radar

Please provide the following info (check/uncheck the boxes after creating this topic):
Software Version
DRIVE OS Linux 5.2.6
DRIVE OS Linux 5.2.6 and DriveWorks 4.0
DRIVE OS Linux 5.2.0
DRIVE OS Linux 5.2.0 and DriveWorks 3.5
[*] NVIDIA DRIVE™ Software 10.0 (Linux)
NVIDIA DRIVE™ Software 9.0 (Linux)
other DRIVE OS version
other

Target Operating System
[*] Linux
QNX
other

Hardware Platform
NVIDIA DRIVE™ AGX Xavier DevKit (E3550)
[*] NVIDIA DRIVE™ AGX Pegasus DevKit (E3550)
other

SDK Manager Version
[*] 1.8.0.10363
other

Host Machine Version
[*] native Ubuntu 18.04
other

Hello,
We have a radar development kit with built in processor that gives us detection list through ethernet. We want to be able to capture the data on Pegasus using ethernet.
Is there a way to configure one of the back panel 10 GbE ethernet ports to capture the data?
or alternatively, can the two ethernet port on the duel GBE dongle be configured for two different functions?
I came across the following topic but it didn’t have a definite solution.
(Back Panel Ethernet Connection for sensor)

Thank you for your help
d.baykeda

Hi @d.baykeda Please see if Using the Rear 10GbE ports (J20, J59) on NVIDIA Drive AGX helps.

Hello @VickNV ,
Thank you so much for your quick reply. I read that one and it helps but it does not show how to configure the ports to receive data from a sensor.
In addition, is there any information on if the two RJ45 lines on the duel GBE dongle can be connected to two different devices?

Why don’t you use the ports used in Radar Unit Connections? May I know which radar you’re using? Thanks.

We are using the NXP RDK-S32R274 radar reference platform. It gives a processed detection list with X and Y coordinates. Since the signal processing is done on the kit, we were hoping to capture the output data on the Pegasus.
Is there a way to capture an already processed data on the ports used in Radar Unit Connection, without writing a plugin and going through the SAL?

How a Linux system usually gets the data from the radar you are using? To integrate a sensor with DriveWorks SAL, you have to implement a plugin. Please check Integrating with Custom Sensors for details.