Questions regarding the supported ARS430 Radarsensors

Please provide the following info (check/uncheck the boxes after creating this topic):
Software Version
DRIVE OS Linux 5.2.6
DRIVE OS Linux 5.2.6 and DriveWorks 4.0
DRIVE OS Linux 5.2.0
DRIVE OS Linux 5.2.0 and DriveWorks 3.5
NVIDIA DRIVE™ Software 10.0 (Linux)
NVIDIA DRIVE™ Software 9.0 (Linux)
other DRIVE OS version
other

Target Operating System
Linux
QNX
other

Hardware Platform
NVIDIA DRIVE™ AGX Xavier DevKit (E3550)
NVIDIA DRIVE™ AGX Pegasus DevKit (E3550)
other

SDK Manager Version
other

Host Machine Version
native Ubuntu 18.04
other

Hello,

we are thinking about buying the supported ARS430 radar sensor by Continental. Therefore, we have several questions:

1. Do you have already recorded replay data from the radar sensor? If yes, is possible to use this data to run it with the radar replay sample or any other sample? In this way we could analyze the data and have a look at whether our needs are met.

2. According to the Continental website, the ARS430 is able to detect objects and generate object lists. Is it possible to access these object lists in DriveWorks? Can you point to where and how the information from the radar sensor can be read using the DriveWorks API?

3. Can the sensor in combination with DriveWorks return relative velocities to other objects?

Thank you in advance for answering the above questions!

Is /usr/local/driveworks-4.0/data/samples/sensors/radar/conti/ars_v4.bin what you’re looking for? You can run sample_radar_replay to replay it by default.

When I try to run ./sample_radar_replay with the default setting as suggested, I get the following error:

How can this error be solved?

Also, thank you for answering the first question from my initial post. Could you also answer the second and third question, too? That would help us a lot.

Thanks in advance!

Does your host meet the hardware requirement in DriveWorks SDK Reference: Getting Started?

• Host System : An x86 computer with a NVIDIA Volta™ or Turing™ based GPU.

Please refer to the source of sample_radar_replay (/usr/local/driveworks/samples/src/sensors/radar/radar_replay/main.cpp) and Radar Sensor document for the other questions. Thanks.

I did not realize that the hardware requirements for the host machine changed with the new DRIVE update.

I have a GeForce GTX 1060 Mobile 6GB. I just checked, my GPU is neither a Turing nor a Volta based GPU, am I right?

Is it possible to connect an external GPU with an external GPU case in order to meet the requirements?

With an older version of the DRIVE software everything worked fine. Which version of the DRIVE software is the latest that I can use with my GPU?

My GTX 1080 still works on DRIVE OS 5.2.6 and Driveworks 4.0.
Please try to run the pre-built binary (/usr/local/driveworks/bin/sample_radar_replay).

Running the pre-built binary in /usr/local/driveworks/bin/sample_radar_replay give the same error as in the screenshot I posted above.

I have not installed Driveworks 4.0. I want to follow DriveWorks SDK Reference: Installation on the Linux Host System (nvidia.com) to install Driveworks 4.0. At the top it says, I should copy certain files to my Linux system as shown in the following screenshot:

From where can I copy these files? Where can I find them?

Never mind, I found the download site for Drivworks 4.0 ( NVIDIA DRIVE Downloads | NVIDIA Developer). I will now install Driveworks 4.0 and let you know if it works with my GTX 1060.

As described in https://docs.nvidia.com/drive/driveworks-4.0/dwx_installation_x86.html, I executed the command sudo dpkg -i driveworks-v4.0.0_*_linux-amd64-ubuntu.deb. Afterwards, I get the following error:

What is the safest way to remove the old software version or how should it be removed?

Dear @kn10,
You can try uninstalling the old release(DRIVE SW 10.0) from host with sdkmanager and install DRIVE OS 5.2.6 first to check DW 4.0. Please file a separate topic if you face any issues.