Object lists using the ARS430RDI radar

Please provide the following info (check/uncheck the boxes after creating this topic):
Software Version
DRIVE OS Linux 5.2.6
DRIVE OS Linux 5.2.6 and DriveWorks 4.0
DRIVE OS Linux 5.2.0
DRIVE OS Linux 5.2.0 and DriveWorks 3.5
NVIDIA DRIVE™ Software 10.0 (Linux)
NVIDIA DRIVE™ Software 9.0 (Linux)
other DRIVE OS version
other

Target Operating System
Linux
QNX
other

Hardware Platform
NVIDIA DRIVE™ AGX Xavier DevKit (E3550)
NVIDIA DRIVE™ AGX Pegasus DevKit (E3550)
other

SDK Manager Version
other

Host Machine Version
native Ubuntu 18.04
other

Hello,

we are thinking about buying a ARS430RDI radar sensor from Continental.
According to their homepage, the ARS430RDI radar sensor alone is not able to return object lists.
However, we are mainly interested in detecting objects and obtaining object lists.

According to the documentation, the DriveWorks software is designed to detect and return objects.

Can you please confirm, that the DriveWorks software is able to return object lists and detected objects with the ARS430RDI radar sensor from Continental?

Dear @kn10,
We have only camera based perception module in DRIVE SW 10.0.

If you say that you only have cameras based perception in DRIVE SW 10.0., what does “Age of tracked object” mean in the first line in the image above? What is meant by the term object in this context?

Also the terms “confidence of object ecistence” and “dynamic state of the object” lets one assume that DriveWorks is able to detect objects using the ARS430RDI radar. Am I correct in assuming this?

Thank you very much.

Dear @kn10,
The DRIVE SW 10.0 does not have radar based object detection sample. However, the road runner application has radar object tracking mechanism which makes use of these structures. Please check Roadrunner documentation-> Architecture → Obstacle detection → Radar Object tracking.

Dear @SivaRamaKrishnaNV ,

So the radar detects and is able to track objects (also outside of roadrunner, for example in our own applications)?
We are interested in using radar-based object tracking for our own applications and need to be sure that we can track objects using the ARS430 and DriveWorks. Can you please confirm this?

Dear @kn10,
As mentioned Driveworks does not have radar object tracking module. It just has data structures to keep track of object information. You can implement your algorithm and make use of these structures to store object tracking information.

Can you please elaborate what “keep track of object information” means here?
What kind of objects are being tracked?
How does the radar decide what an object is that should be tracked?

Hello,

is there any update or information you could provide us regarding the question in my previous post?

@SivaRamaKrishnaNV ,

is there anything you can provide us on our questions above?

Dear @kn10,
My apologies for late reply. As clarified, DW does not have complete Radar tracking module. Some of DW APIs are enabled only in road runner application which makes use of data structures related to radar tracking(like dwRadarTrack).The information on these additional APIs/usage is not available(can not be shared) in public release.

In the documentation, it says that the road runner application is configured to run on the hyperion platform and that it demonstrates the certain self-driving capabilities. Can road runner be configured to run in real-time on other platforms that are different to the hyperion car (for example a platform with a different number of cameras, radars, lidar, etc.)? The reason I am asking this is that we want to use the dwRadarTrack for our radar development.

Can dwRadarTrack be used with DRIVE OS Linux 5.2.6 and DriveWorks 4.0 without using road runner?

Thanks in advance.

Dear @kn10,
My apologies for confusion. I can see see radar replay sample using dwRadarTrack. But I see It is not using all the parameters that are part of dwRadarTrack in the sample. Let me check internally and confirm about the usage limitations in DW 4.0/DS 10.