Blender Armature Export

Hi!

I want to export a USD file of an animated rigged character from Blender and import it to Isaac Sim! The animation of the import works in Isaac Sim but unfortunately there is no USDskel and some parts of the rendering is not right (hair has the wrong material).
I also tried to import a FBX file from Blender to Isaac Sim and it shows two different skeletons: one on the right place with the character and one with a much bigger scale and rotated.
I already saw the topic about the armature export: Armature Export of Parented Mesh

Are there any news considering the USD export with USDskel? And if not could you specify the solution proposed in the topic above (armature modifiers?)? Or is there an alternative way to add a skeleton in Isaac Sim to an animated character?

Thanks a lot!

Hello @ha.uyen.nguyen. Thanks for reporting this. It’s interesting that the skeleton in not included in the USD export from Blender. Just to confirm, do you have exporting armatures enabled in the USD export options? (The Armatures toggle under Rigging.)

If you have this enabled and you’re still not getting the skeleton, would you be able to provide me with a Blender file to reproduce this, so that we can debug? Please feel free to direct-message me to provide the file, if you prefer. Thanks!

Hi!
I’m currently using Blender 3.5 and there is no such option in the USD export window.
Are you using a different version? Or where can I find this option?
Thanks a lot!

Hi @ha.uyen.nguyen. It looks like you are using the official Blender 3.5 release version. That version doesn’t yet have that feature. The USD skeleton and blend shape animation feature is available on in the universal-scene-description Blender Alpha branch which you can get from the Omniverse Launcher. The latest version is 3.6.0-usd.200.2:

In this version, you will see options to enable exporting armatures and shape keys under the Rigging section:

Please let us know if you have questions or encounter issues.

Hi !
Testing the same export process on version 3.6.0 usd.200.2, with exporting armatures enabled in the USD export options = no luck.
Any news considering the USD export ?
Sorry i cant attach the blend file because the file size is huge. But there is a blend file linked in the post by nguyen.
Any chance to get it working on future version ?
Thanks in advance !