Blender branch installation freeze

I tried to restart omniverse but it w ill redownload blender ,installation can‘t finish 。 please help me

Hello @zelda007! Could you send me a copy of your Omniverse Launcher logs? You can find them here: C:\Users\<USERNAME>\.nvidia-omniverse\logs\launcher Your logs will hopefully have the information needed to identify the issue.

You can also try running the Omniverse Cleanup-Tool to see if that helps!

Thank you for your reply ,I’ve tried the cleanup tool and still have the same problem,here is my logs
launcher.log (15.3 KB)

Hello @zelda007. It looks like you’re installing an older version (3.2) of the Blender release. Can you please try installing the most recent version on the launcher (3.4) and see if that helps? Also, please be sure you don’t have an open Blender session running while doing the install.

It happens to me the same.
I can’t install it and remains frozen:

I took care of don’t have opened any Blender instance during the installation and I have installed the latest Blender version.
What can I do?

I have executed the “cleaner” and uninstalled all according to what it does and after that, I’ve restarted again to install all…But no luck.

Same here.

Clean up didn’t help, actually seemed like a reinstall because all the apps that I did successfully install are now gone. The Blender app install crashes at the point of doing something with the register, if that helps at all. I’m on a very new machine with an i9 CPU and a 4090 graphics card. No joy here.

@el8ias can you post the Launcher log for troubleshooting?

Here you go.
launcher.log (131.3 KB)

Note the install on registry, freezes at that point every time.

@el8ias looks like the file 'C:\Users\el8ia\.nvidia-omniverse\config\auth.toml'is missing or not accessible. can you confirm if you have that file in that location?

1 Like

I don’t have the auth.toml file. I am logged in both here and on Omniverse.
Screenshot 2023-08-02 211037

oh, the forum has nothing to do with what’s happening in OV, can you take a screenshot of the config folder for me? Another question is are you using localhost as your server?

According to Omniverse account I am logged in. I am using my local C drive and not connected to a server. Here is the screenshot of the config folder.

I think the solution is for you to set up a localhost server (assuming you will be working on that particular machine with the OV install), especially if you haven’t done it yet. But don’t worry, you should be able to follow along with the video on this page to get one setup.

(The first two minutes are all you really need to watch)

1 Like

On it. thanks

Nucleus installed. logged in, Blender install crashed at same point.
Log file and config folder:

launcher.log (315.1 KB)

can you click on the hamburger icon in the Nucleus tab and go to ‘Settings’?

this should take you to the System Monitor. take a screenshot for me. I am looking to see if all the services are running.

here you go

can you restart the launcher? make sure it’s not running in the background before you restart it.

1 Like