Board can not boot!

Hello,

I am trying to boot my Jetson Xavier NX board with a new OS image. However, my board can not boot even after I flash a new image to an SD card. I connect to my monitor.

One strange thing is that another NX board can boot up with the same SD card image. After that, I try to install OS using NVIDIA SDK but meet the error that I attach as ZIP file. SDKM_logs_JetPack_4.6_(rev.1)_Linux_for_Jetson_Xavier_NX_2021-10-02_10-17-45.zip (9.6 KB)

The highlight of error is like below:

09:44:34 ERROR: File System and OS - target_image: [error]: : [exec_command]: /bin/bash -c /tmp/tmp_NV_L4T_FILE_SYSTEM_AND_OS_T194_COMP.sh; [error]:

09:44:34 ERROR: File System and OS - target_image: command terminated with error

09:44:34 SUMMARY: File System and OS - target_image: First Error: Installation failed

I also try to flash using the command ‘sudo ./flash.sh -r -k kernel-dtb jetson-xavier-nx-devkit-emmc mmcblk0p1’ from ‘Linux_for_Tegra’ folder instead of SDK GUI. Then, I get one error about opening the USB port.

[ 2.1147 ] tegrarcm_v2 --isapplet
[ 2.1158 ] USB communication failed.Check if device is in recovery
[ 2.3796 ]
[ 2.3819 ] tegrarcm_v2 --ismb2
[ 2.3828 ] USB communication failed.Check if device is in recovery
[ 2.6440 ]
[ 2.6463 ] tegradevflash_v2 --iscpubl
[ 2.6473 ] Cannot Open USB
[ 2.9001 ]
[ 3.9036 ] tegrarcm_v2 --isapplet
[ 3.9045 ] USB communication failed.Check if device is in recovery
[ 4.1677 ]
[ 4.1700 ] tegrarcm_v2 --ismb2
[ 4.1707 ] USB communication failed.Check if device is in recovery
[ 4.4202 ]
[ 4.4234 ] tegradevflash_v2 --iscpubl
[ 4.4244 ] Cannot Open USB

Please help me. Thank you.

Is this your first time using a host to flash your board?

No, I did it several times before for Jetson Nano, Xavier NX, AGX board.

Until now, there was no same error like that.

Your jetpack4.6 folder is not prepared well at all. So this is your first time flashing jetpack4.6?

sudo mkdir -p rootfs/opt/nvidia/deb_repos
Info: exec_command: /tmp/tmp_NV_L4T_FILE_SYSTEM_AND_OS_T194_COMP.sh
Using rootfs directory of: /media/kimbring2/6224AA7924AA5039/nvidia/nvidia_sdk/JetPack_4.6_Linux_JETSON_XAVIER_NX_TARGETS/Linux_for_Tegra/rootfs
||||||||||||||||||||||| ERROR |||||||||||||||||||||||
-----------------------------------------------------
1. The root filesystem, provided with this package,
   has to be extracted to this directory:
   /media/kimbring2/6224AA7924AA5039/nvidia/nvidia_sdk/JetPack_4.6_Linux_JETSON_XAVIER_NX_TARGETS/Linux_for_Tegra/rootfs
-----------------------------------------------------
2. The root filesystem, provided with this package,
   has to be extracted with 'sudo' to this directory:
   /media/kimbring2/6224AA7924AA5039/nvidia/nvidia_sdk/JetPack_4.6_Linux_JETSON_XAVIER_NX_TARGETS/Linux_for_Tegra/rootfs

Yes, first time for JetPack 4.6

I did it for JetPact 4.5 before. Is there some problem with my JetPack 4.6?
I removed it and downloaded it again one time. But, receive same error.

The problem is probably not the jetpack4.6. It is possible due to the filesystem on your disk.

Please make sure you are not using NTFS as filesystem here. As below topic.

I formatted my SD card as the Ext4 format before flashing.

Furthermore, I can see login screen of NVIDIA logo when I put same SD card to my another NX board.

Hi,

I am no talking about the sdcard… Flashing from sdkmanager does not care what is on the sdcard.

The flash is not yet started. You already got error when sdkmanager prepared the file on your host. So, I guess you may understand what filesystem I am talking about now…

Oh, I see.

Did you mean filesystem of host PC? I am using Ubuntu 18.04 now. Should I change a workspace path for the nvidia-sdk folder or command line?

Probably that your disk here is a NTFS file system…

/media/kimbring2/6224AA7924AA5039/

Yes. You can change the path.

1 Like

Thank you, I am trying it (: