Xavier NX boot failure

Hi,
I used my board successfully for a few weeks until one day it failed to boot.

I tried using an sd card with a fresh image and also flashing from the SDK manager with the board in recovery mode, both methods I’ve used before, but it didn’t work. I got the same error when booting from the fresh image, and flashing failed with the SDK manager.

I also tried flashing with the command line script contained in the image downloaded by the SDK manager and it failed with “CPU Bootloader is not running on device”.
flash_fail.txt (5.2 KB)

Is there anything else I can do to solve the issue or is the board defective?

I tried JetPack 4.4 and 4.4.1. I’m using ubuntu 18.04 without VM, the same pc/OS I used before to flash the board without a problem.

hello juliostorch,

may I know what’s the modification you’d done, had you overwrite bootloader binaries?
please share the flash commands you’re using, you may also have an alternative way by specify board information for flashing.
thanks

Hi Jerry,

The only modification I’ve done was following this GitHub - jetsonhacks/rootOnNVMe: Switch the rootfs to a NVMe SSD on the Jetson Xavier NX and Jetson AGX Xavier to boot from the nvme drive. The problem happened after updating some packages with the ubuntu package manager and nvidia repositories.

I did not overwrite the bootloader binaries as far as I’m aware, but I could try restoring them if you give me the instructions.

I used the following command for flashing:
sudo ./flash.sh jetson-xavier-nx-devkit mmcblk0p1

Thanks

hello juliostorch,

it switch the rootfs to a NVMe SSD,
please using the exactly same JetPack release (i.e. JetPack 4.4-DP) as GitHub mentioned since we don’t verify it locally.
thanks

Hi Jerry,

I did try with the same JetPack release. In any case, when I replace the SD card with a new image it won’t try to boot from the SSD anymore. I managed to recover from a problem in the SSD by replacing the SD card before, but that doesn’t work anymore.

There is no update from you for a period, assuming this is not an issue any more.
Hence we are closing this topic. If need further support, please open a new one.
Thanks

hello juliostorch,

please setup serial console to gather the details bootloader logs for reference,
thanks

Hi Jerry,

The output from the serial console is below.
jetson_output.txt (24.5 KB)

I opened a new ticket as instructed.