Bugs with Upgrading projects for NVIDIA Nsight Tegra Visual Studio Edition 2.1

We’ve been using the TADP for a long while and recently upgraded to the latest version, which includes NVIDIA Nsight Tegra Visual Studio Edition 2.1. We are using Visual Studio Ultimate 2013, and ran into the following issues when upgrading:
(1) It converted into a for some assembly code when it upgraded. This code was not meant for use on Android. Specifically, it changed the project file for libjpeg turbo from this:

Document
(SolutionDir)../bin/nasm.exe -fwin32 -DWIN32 -Iwin/ -Isimd/ "%(FullPath)" -o "(IntDir)/%(Filename).obj"
(IntDir)/%(Filename).obj</Outputs> <Message Condition="'(Platform)’==‘Win32’">Assembling %(Filename).asm…
true

To this:

Document
(SolutionDir)../bin/nasm.exe -fwin32 -DWIN32 -Iwin/ -Isimd/ "%(FullPath)" -o "(IntDir)/%(Filename).obj"
(IntDir)/%(Filename).obj</Outputs> <Message Condition="'(Platform)’==‘Win32’">Assembling %(Filename).asm…
true

(2) Editing projects outside of the solution no longer works. If you edit it, save it, Visual Studio will ask you if you want to reload. If you say yes, it complains that the “.filters” file is already opened. Regardless of what you do, it will then fail to reload the project. The only way to fix this is close Visual Studio (simply closing the solution won’t work.). This is 100% reproducible. Just create a new native project and edit it outside of Visual Studio. You will get this error:
C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V120\Platforms\Tegra-Common\ProjectUpgrade\UpgradeToRevision_9.props(2,18): A numeric comparison was attempted on “(NsightTegraProjectRevisionNumber)" that evaluates to "" instead of a number, in condition "(NsightTegraProjectRevisionNumber) < 9”.

If anyone else is running into these problems, we fixed it by changing the text of:
C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V120\Platforms\Tegra-Common\ProjectUpgrade\UpgradeToRevision_9.props to:


I also had to do the same for UpgradeToRevision_5.props. This probably isn’t a good long term solution, and since we upgraded, I started getting errors changing project properties where it just pops up a message saying “One or more errors occurred.” If I hit ok, I’m able to change the properties, but it’s pretty annoying. I have no clue how to determine if that’s related to TADP since it happens even for our non-Android targets, but it seems to have occurred immediately followign our upgrade.

Overall, the new TADP is great, but we’d love to get these issues sorted out.

Thank you so much for your help!

-Matt

try this

Thank you for taking time to report the issues, we’ll fix them in the next release. Unfortunately, we hadn’t anticipated that Visual Studio may call our platform files in the context of other platforms and so we hard-coded the dependency on existence of NsightTegraProjectRevisionNumber.

if anyone’s having these issues, please use roxtu’s workaround.