Camera sensors Ov5647 and IMX219

Hi,
I recently bought the J20 module from Auvidea. I have two different sensors, one of them is the IMX219 and the OV5647. I would like to know how I can do to make them work properly on my Jetson TX2. I have seen that there are several wikis that explain how to apply a series of patches, but the reality is that I do not have such files and I do not know what to do. Could you help me understand the process better and tell me what files do I need? Thank you very much.

You need to change the device tree file (dtb) to tell the Jetson about your cameras (because CSI is not plug-and-play,) and then you need to load the corresponding kernel modules (drivers) for the cameras.

The files that the Auvidea documentation refers to are available to download from their website.

Unfortunately, Auvidea has been saying that IMX219 modules would be available for a year now, but no such module is actually available. They have since said that they have given up on TX2 support for now, and we shouldn’t expect modules to be available to support the full features of the cameras on their carrier boards.

If you don’t think this is good enough, I suggest you file a support ticket on the Auvidea web site, and ask them what to do. Note that it’s often taken over a month to get answers from them in the past.

It’s better to get support from Auvidea and get source code.