Create sky environment with Sphere shape

Hi,
I saw a tutorial before where a sphere is created and a texture applied to it to create a dome sky effect, so when I zoom in into the inside of the sphere, it looks like I’m in the dome. However I can’t find it now.
In the screenshot below I can map a material to the sphere but it will only display by checking ‘Enable UVW’ properties, however it’s tiled. Is there a better way?

Hi Qazs,
To be honest, this is possible but not the best approach for photo realism and correct physical lighting. Simple apply the same texture to a DOME LIGHT, and have the same effect, but much easier. Better still just use a correctly formatted HDRI sky or environment. If you still need a particular background in your renderings, better to light the scene properly with an HDRI and apply your background texture to a plane, and place it in the background as a backdrop. Creating a sphere that engulfs the whole scene, will then block out all environment light and create its own problems with rendering.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.