CSI Camera Port on Nano Dev Kit B01

USB camera is working fine. I have tried 3 “partner” cameras (Arducam, MakerPro v2, rpi v1.3) and cannot seem to get the kit to recognize any video devices on either CSI ports. My assumption that those cameras would be detected and create a /dev/video0 device is obviously incorrect. Is there a special driver or app that needs configured? I have a Waveshare enclosure I want to use with the camera.

1 Like

hello jcocovich,

may I know which camera module you’re using? could you share the product page for reference?

FYI,
Jetson Nano by default detect Raspberry pi v2, imx219 camera sensor during kernel initialization.
you may see-also kernel messages, i.e. $ dmesg to review the device registeration.
for instance, here’re errors reported if you’re not connect IMX219 camera to the target.

imx219 7-0010: tegracam sensor driver:imx219_v2.0.6
imx219 7-0010: imx219_board_setup: error during i2c read probe (-121)
imx219 8-0010: tegracam sensor driver:imx219_v2.0.6
imx219 8-0010: imx219_board_setup: error during i2c read probe (-121)

please see developer guide, you’re able to run Jetson-IO to Configuring the CSI Connector.

Jerry,

Thanks for your reply. I BEGAN with Configuring the CSI Connector with Jetson-IO but all my cameras failed for each of the selections for hardware configuration.

MakerFocus camera is at https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BK1QZ2L/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Arducam is at https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B012V1HEP4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Joe

hello jcocovich,

it looks you’re going to enable ov5647.
unfortunately, this is not default support camera driver.
there’re shows all default supported camera drivers, as you can see in the Jetson Linux R32.7.4 | NVIDIA Developer for [Driver Package (BSP) Sources].
for example, $public_sources/Linux_for_Tegra/source/public/kernel_src/kernel/nvidia/drivers/media/i2c/

Yeah. The link you gave me ended up with one file called sources inside the tbz2 file and it can’t be read. Perhaps I’m too dumb to use this product based on rocket science. Unfortunately, I wasted my money to find out. USB cameras seem to be the only type that the development kit is smart enough to recognize. Everything else is not "default support camera driver. The CSI camera port was part of my kit evaluation and that part failed. I will persevere to discover what other shortcomings this system contains.

actually, there’re Jetson Partner Supported Cameras to list cameras supported by Jetson Camera Partners on the Jetson platform.

Yeah. Been there already but could only find OV5648. I did all the searching I could before posting here in the community. Don’t want to waste your time. I DID search the internet and discovered MANY people disgusted with the lack of support for the OV5647 sensor which seems to be quite common and inexpensive for it’s quality. It’s not the community’s fault that the policy by nVIDIA is to NOT support that sensor.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.