I’ve found a fix for the opengl problem on Vista (32 and 64) in this initial beta 2.0 release. It is strange but it works once I noticed this was the only difference between my systems that were working and those that weren’t
You need to disable User Access Control (UAC)
Go into the vista control panel->User Accounts->Turn User Account Control on or off
Uncheck the box “Use User Account Control (UAC) to help protect your computer”
It’s strange that the protection shows up with failing opengl messages. I figure there’s something we need to do in how the display driver installs to properly fix this.
And for those who are not finding a CUDA device, check in the \Windows\system32 to see if the file nvcuda.dll exists.
If it’s not there, the display driver didn’t copy it in correctly. This is due to some of the notebook INF files I had included somehow dropping this. I’ve attached an example you can use. This works for the Dell notebooks such as the D830 that’s been reported.
Save the attached file as nvdm.inf into the \NVIDIA\WinVista64\174.55 directory and run setup.exe from that directory. You can see the 2 references in the attached INF file to nvcuda.dll. I’ll get these correctly updated and reposted to the other INFs but this example will work for anyone who wants to do this on their own.