ok, this is kind of embarrassing. I am trying to set up a development environment for kit, but I am already stuck before even getting started.
I am on a Windows machine and I read this:
but I can’t find the mentioned launch.json or the .vscode folder anywhere (tried AppData/Local/ov).
Could anybody please help me getting started with VSCode and Kit?
Any help is highly appreciated. Thanks!
Those instructions aren’t as direct as they could be and a few names have changed.
- Launch Kit
- Select the Extensions tab and search debug. Toggle on Kit Debug Utils
- Open VS Code Make sure that you install the Python extension and Python Coding Tools as well.
- In VS Code got to File-Open Folder
You also need to get your path to the build from the Launcher Person Icon- Settings.
You’ll need to open the Release folder
- If you don’t have a .vscode just make the folder and add an empty launch.json file inside
- Open the launch.json and add connection-Python
For some reason, I have to reinstall the coding tools if Python doesn’t automatically pop up when I try to add a connection.
- Select the Remote Attach Option
It will recommend localhost and a server. Change the server number so that it reflects what you see in VS Code link panel
- Make sure your path mapping are the same
- Press F5
It should Connect and you will see this
Thank you for helping me out, aminx!
It works like a charm.