I’m part of a research laboratory that is developing methods for space rating the TX2/TX2i for use within satellite systems. Usually the downloads section for developers is really helpful, but we have been unable to find anything there.
A details list of materials will allow us to do what we need. To give you an idea, we need to characterize Total Mass Loss (TML), Collected Volatile Condensable Materials (CVCM), and Coefficient of Thermal Expansion (COTE). Once we have that information on a few key materials we should be good.
- What material is the solder mask made of?
- Of the metals included, Is there any zinc or cadmium?
- Are there any electrolytic capacitors on the PCB?
- What is the board (PCB) material?
- What is the solder pad coating? (It wouldn't happen to be 63% tin 37 % lead would it?)
- In general, what types other, if any, of solder are used?
- What is the blue heat transfer compound between the PCB/metal faces? (not the stuff attached to the heat sink with the fan)
- in reference to the primary EAM-50-02.0-S-10-2-A-K-TR connector: What are the Body, Pin, Plating, and Part materials?
Has anyone here been able to confirm what materials are within the TX2/TX2i? Our lab would also be willing to sign an NDA with someone at Nvidia if necessary.
thanks in advance.