I’m looking into what the recommendations are from nvidia on steps we should take before releasing a product that has a jetson embedded. Here’s a few items of concerns I’m thinking about, but would be interested in the community’s experience, as well as nvidia’s recommendation.
- OS (say a real good security issue comes up.)
- Jetpack (new version of jetpack comes out, we’d want to update our system with it’s content)
- Over the air update.
Optimizations & OS lockdowns
- Choose the proper nvpmodel mode. https://www.jetsonhacks.com/2017/03/25/nvpmodel-nvidia-jetson-tx2-development-kit/
- turn off automatic update querying
- turn off GUI
- turn off unnecessary ubuntu services
- any other optimizations to make boot as fast as possible. e.g. modified compiled kernel
- startup your processes with systemd
- wait for camera daemon or other dependencies to be ready
Post startup / runtime subsystem error handling
- detecting and restarting the camera daemon
Any other items we should tack on the list?
Perhaps nvidia would have a sample production filesystem?