Docker Container Nucleus: Server Connection Failure

Hi!

I’m getting the server connection failure error when trying to access the nucleus server of my Isaac Sim container (all necessary ports are open so it should not be a firewall problem).

failed_server_issue

As for context, I have created the Isaac Docker Container in an Azure Virtual Machine about 4 weeks ago (as of making this post) according to the instructions described in 3. Advanced Installation — Omniverse Robotics documentation, so this was before the general Nucleus server failure that was recently experienced. Before this failure, I was able to re-enter my docker container succesfully like so:

$ sudo docker start <container_id>
$ sudo docker exec -it <container_id> bash

and could then simply start the Nucleus using ./start_nucleus.sh. However, since the failure I have not been able to get into the Nucleus server anymore due to a “server connection failure”. I’ve already followed the Docker Container Fix instructions from this post: Known Issue: Error checking Isaac Sim Assets, including stopping and restarting the server as described in step 8 in 3. Advanced Installation — Omniverse Robotics documentation but unfortunately that did not fix the problem.

I have already considered simply deleting the container and re-doing the Advanced Installation starting at step 7, but I figured that where I’m stuck at now should somehow be fixable. Does someone know what’s going on?

Hi. Do you run the container with the volume mount below?
-v ~/docker/isaac-sim/data:/root/.local/share/ov/data:rw \

You may need to do a clean install of Nucleus. This will remove all data on the Nucleus, if you have the data cached locally using volume mounts.
Steps:

1. In the container, run ./stop_nucleus.sh
  2. Delete the folders below:
    • rm -rf /root/.local/share/ov/Auth
    • rm -rf /root/.local/share/ov/server
    • rm -rf /root/.local/share/ov/tagging_service
  3. Stop container.
  4. Run container normally as before.

This is similar to the instruction on this post:

This worked, thank you!
I did have to adjust the path like so: /root/.local/share/ov/data/Auth (and the same for the other paths).

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.