Docker sdkmanager 32.5.1 -- Waiting for target to boot-up

I’ve tried to flash de Jetson from docker sdkmanager container. Command:
docker run -it --privileged -v /dev/bus/usb:/dev/bus/usb/ -v /dev:/dev -v /media/$USER:/media/nvidia:slave --name JetsonSDK_AGX_20_04 --network host sdkmanager --cli install --logintype devzone --product Jetson --target JETSON_AGX_XAVIER_TARGETS --targetos Linux --version 5.0.2 --select 'Jetson Linux' --deselect 'Jetson SDK Components' --flash all --license accept --staylogin true --datacollection enable

But, almost at the end:

│[   3.1563 ] [...] 099%                                                                                                                                                                     │
│[   3.1563 ] [...] 100%                                                                                                                                                                     │
│info: [  11.3614 ] tegrarcm_v2 --instance 3-1 --boot rcm                                                                                                                                    │
│info: [  11.3635 ] Applet version 01.00.0000                                                                                                                                                │
│info: [  11.4018 ] RCM-boot started                                                                                                                                                         │
│info:                                                                                                                                                                                       │
│info: /home/nvidia/nvidia/nvidia_sdk/JetPack_5.0.2_Linux_JETSON_AGX_XAVIER_TARGETS/Linux_for_Tegra                                                                                          │
│info: ***************************************                                                                                                                                               │
│info: *                                     *                                                                                                                                               │
│info: *  Step 3: Start the flashing process *                                                                                                                                               │
│info: *                                     *                                                                                                                                               │
│info: ***************************************
│info: Waiting for target to boot-up...                                                                                                                                                      │
│info: Waiting for target to boot-up...                                                                                                                                                      │
│info: Timeout                                                                                                                                                                               │
│info: Cleaning up...

Still advancing the percentage until 99%, but no new lines beyond these.

What is happening? My Xavier is connected correctly, booted correctly. Checked the lsusb command, and if I open sdkManager, before execute the docker, I can check that the Xavier is detected too. And I haven’t had problems installing 32.5 . Well,in fact one issue solved like this:

I forgot to say that to replicate my attempt you’ve got to flash the internal nvme

Sorry for the late response, have you managed to get issue resolved or still need the support? Thanks

I still need it. Can you reproduce the issue?

Are you using VM or native Ubuntu 20.04 host PC?

On host PC, please remove the folder in

~/nvidia/nvidia_sdk

And then try again. This will force SDKmanager to re-download the whole package. See if it can flash and boot after re-dowloading. Please also make sure Jetson AGX Xavier is in recovery mode before flashing.

Hi masip85,

Are you using the devkit or custom board?

Please use standalone Ubuntu 18.04 as your host PC for SDK manager to flash the board.

Your flash logs stopped at waiting the board to boot-up.
You might need to provide the serial console log at this moment for further check.

Why the HOST OS is important when I am using docker container? I thought the goal of these sdk containers is to be able to do it with any HOST OS. I am using PopOs 22.04. And my Xavier is a devKit, properly connected and assured that is working in recovery mode.

I don’t get this

I mean, I don’t even link this folder as a volume. Containers download target image every time is booted up.

And …

yes. I can flash with normal SDK Manager in ubuntu 18. Even following JetsonHacks flash process (which in fact is the one I use normally).

Beyond connecting to microusb, what should I do to get serial console logs?

1 Like

VM/docker may cause the connection between host PC and the board unstable.
You could detect the board in recovery state, but there’s several reboots during flash. You might lost your connection after reboot or you need to connect them manually.

Please refer to the following instructions to capture serial console log for Xavier devkit.
NVIDIA Xavier - Serial Console

I still need it. Can you reproduce the issue?

I am repeating the process with new jetpack : --version 5.1 and it doesn’t detect jetson in recovery mode. But it is in recovery mode. I’ve tried many times, and finally switching version to 5.0.2 , the process shows up the agx marked as recovery and installation/flashing starts.

On the other hand, I’ve extracted the serial log from debug port:

0696.650] W> RATCHET: MB1 binary ratchet value 4 is larger than ratchet level 2 from HW fuses.
[0696.658] I> MB1 (prd-version: 2.3.0.0-t194-41334769-0a17edc1)
[0696.663] I> Boot-mode: Platform RCM
[0696.667] I> Platform: Silicon
[0696.669] I> Chip revision : A02P
[0696.673] I> Bootrom patch version : 15 (correctly patched)
[0696.678] I> ATE fuse revision : 0x200
[0696.681] I> Ram repair fuse : 0x0
[0696.684] I> Ram Code : 0x2
[0696.687] I> rst_source: 0x0, rst_level: 0x0
[0696.692] I> USB configuration success
[0698.968] I> mb2 image downloaded
[0699.053] I> Recovery boot mode 0
[0699.059] I> UPHY full init done
[0699.065] I> MB1 done

[0699.071] I> Welcome to MB2(TBoot-BPMP) Applet (version: default.t194-mobile-27d8d121)
[0699.079] I> DMA Heap @ [0x40020000 - 0x40065800]
[0699.083] I> Default Heap @ [0xd486400 - 0xd48a400]
[0699.088] W> Profiler not initialized
[0699.156] I> sdmmc DDR50 mode
[0699.160] E> SPI_FLASH: Invalid value device id: 7.
[0699.164] I> QSPI Flash is not present.
[0699.171] E> CLK_RST: instance 6 not found in module 44.
[0699.176] E> MPhy CAR configuration failed error = 1747992077
[0699.182] E> UFS initialization failed
[0699.185] I> UFS is not present
[0699.191] I> Found 17 partitions in SDMMC_BOOT (instance 3)
[0699.200] I> Found 42 partitions in SDMMC_USER (instance 3)
[0699.206] W> Profiler not initialized
[0699.209] I> Entering 3p server
[0699.212] I> USB configuration success
[0700.429] I> Populate chip info
[0700.516] I> Populate eeprom info
[0700.520] I> Populate eeprom info for module cvm
[0700.525]  > DEVICE_PROD: device prod is not initialized.
[0707.216] I> Populate chip info
[0707.303] I> Populate eeprom info
[0707.307] I> Populate eeprom info for module cvb
[0707.519] I> Rebooting : reboot-recovery

[0707.524] I> Reset to recovery mode

This just appears when the flashing starts, and inmediatly stops getting log.

I also give you again the full log from terminal of docker SDKManager:

│info: Processing triggers for nvidia-l4t-kernel (5.10.104-tegra-35.1.0-20220810203728) ...                                        │
│info: Processing triggers for libc-bin (2.31-0ubuntu9.9) ...                                                                      │
│info: /home/nvidia/nvidia/nvidia_sdk/JetPack_5.0.2_Linux_JETSON_AGX_XAVIER_TARGETS/Linux_for_Tegra                                │
│info: Removing QEMU binary from rootfs                                                                                            │
│info: Removing stashed Debian packages from rootfs                                                                                │
│info: L4T BSP package installation completed!                                                                                     │
│info: Disabling NetworkManager-wait-online.service                                                                                │
│info: Disable the ondemand service by changing the runlevels to 'K'                                                               │
│info: Success!                                                                                                                    │
│info: [ Package Install Finished Successfully ]                                                                                   │
│info: [host] [ 5.48 GB used. Disk Avail: 39.23 GB ]                                                                               │
│info: [ NV_L4T_FILE_SYSTEM_AND_OS_T194_COMP Install took 2m40s ]                                                                  │
│info:                                                                                                                             │
│info: command finished successfully                                                                                               │
│info: Install completed successfully.                                                                                             │
│info: Device info before flashing:                                                                                                │
│003/040 | 3-1 | Recovery   
│debug: running command < true >                                                                                                   │
│info: exec_command: true                                                                                                          │
│info:                                                                                                                             │
│info: command finished successfully                                                                                               │
│debug: running command < /tmp/device_mode_host_setup.sh >                                                                         │
│info: exec_command: /tmp/device_mode_host_setup.sh                                                                                │
│info: Found route default wlp0s20f3, setting up device mode                                                                       │
│info: net.ipv4.ip_forward = 1                                                                                                     │
│info: Default google DNS is not working, trying to find a valid server in local host settings!                                    │
│error: Error: Could not create NMClient object: Could not connect: No such file or directory.                                     │
│info: Could not find a valid DNS server, device mode setup failed!                                                                │
│info: If needed to use device mode, please change the target default dns to a valid server by following the steps in release      │
│note.                                                                                                                             │
│debug: running command < true >                                                                                                   │
│info: exec_command: true   
info:                                                                                                                             │
│debug: using adapter to install NV_L4T_FLASH_XAVIER_WITH_OS_IMAGE_COMP@JETSON_AGX_XAVIER_TARGETS to /home/nvidia/nvidia/nvidia_sd │
│k/JetPack_5.0.2_Linux_JETSON_AGX_XAVIER_TARGETS                                                                                   │
│info: [host] [ Disk Avail:39.23 GB ]                                                                                              │
│info: Installing component 'Flash Jetson AGX Xavier' (NV_L4T_FLASH_XAVIER_WITH_OS_IMAGE_COMP)                                     │
│info: change working directory to /home/nvidia/nvidia/nvidia_sdk/JetPack_5.0.2_Linux_JETSON_AGX_XAVIER_TARGETS/Linux_for_Tegra    │
│info: [ Component Install Started ]                                                                                               │
│info: current working directory is /home/nvidia/nvidia/nvidia_sdk/JetPack_5.0.2_Linux_JETSON_AGX_XAVIER_TARGETS/Linux_for_Tegra   │
│info: exec_command [host]:                                                                                                        │
│info: **********************                                                                                                      │
│info: #!/bin/bash                                                                                                                 │
│info: set -e                                                                                                                      │
│info: set -e                                                                                                                      │
│info: unset LC_ALL                                                                                                                │
│info: echo sudo ./nvsdkmanager_flash.sh --storage nvme0n1p1                                                                       │
│info: sudo ./nvsdkmanager_flash.sh --storage nvme0n1p1       
nfo: sleep 20                                                                                                                    │
│info: **********************                                                                                                      │
│info: exec_command: /tmp/tmp_NV_L4T_FLASH_XAVIER_WITH_OS_IMAGE_COMP.sh                                                            │
│info: sudo ./nvsdkmanager_flash.sh --storage nvme0n1p1                                                                            │
│info: user entered nvme0n1p1                                                                                                      │
│info: *** Checking ONLINE mode ... OK.                                                                                            │
│info: *** Checking target board connection ... 1 connections found.                                                               │
│info: *** Reading ECID ... FUSELEVEL=fuselevel_production hwchipid=0x19 bootauth=NS                                               │
│info: *** Reading EEPROM ... --- Copying tegra194-mb1-soft-fuses-l4t.cfg succeeded.                                               │
│info: "/home/nvidia/nvidia/nvidia_sdk/JetPack_5.0.2_Linux_JETSON_AGX_XAVIER_TARGETS/Linux_for_Tegra/bootloader/tegraflash.py"     │
│--chip 0x19 --applet "/home/nvidia/nvidia/nvidia_sdk/JetPack_5.0.2_Linux_JETSON_AGX_XAVIER_TARGETS/Linux_for_Tegra/bootloader/mb1 │
│_t194_prod.bin" --soft_fuses tegra194-mb1-soft-fuses-l4t.cfg --bins "mb2_applet nvtboot_applet_t194.bin" --skipuid --cmd "dump    │
│eeprom boardinfo cvm.bin; dump eeprom baseinfo bbd.bin; reboot recovery"                                                          │
│info: Welcome to Tegra Flash                                                                                                      │
│info: version 1.0.0                                                                                                               │
│info: Type ? or help for help and q or quit to exit                                                                               │
│info: Use ! to execute system commands                                                                 
│info: [   0.0185 ] Generating RCM messages                                                                                        │
│info: [   0.0214 ] tegrahost_v2 --chip 0x19 0 --magicid MB1B --appendsigheader /home/nvidia/nvidia/nvidia_sdk/JetPack_5.0.2_Linux │
│_JETSON_AGX_XAVIER_TARGETS/Linux_for_Tegra/bootloader/mb1_t194_prod.bin zerosbk                                                   │
│info: [   0.0220 ] Header already present for /home/nvidia/nvidia/nvidia_sdk/JetPack_5.0.2_Linux_JETSON_AGX_XAVIER_TARGETS/Linux_ │
│for_Tegra/bootloader/mb1_t194_prod.bin                                                                                            │
│info: [   0.0341 ] tegrasign_v3.py --key None --getmode mode.txt                                                                  │
│info: [   0.0342 ] Assuming zero filled SBK key                                                                                   │
│info: [   0.0361 ] tegrasign_v3.py --file /home/nvidia/nvidia/nvidia_sdk/JetPack_5.0.2_Linux_JETSON_AGX_XAVIER_TARGETS/Linux_for_ │
│Tegra/bootloader/mb1_t194_prod_sigheader.bin --key None --length 1136 --offset 2960 --pubkeyhash pub_key.key                      │
│info: [   0.0363 ] Assuming zero filled SBK key                                                                                   │
│info: [   0.0431 ] Warning: pub_key.key is not found                                                                              │
│info: [   0.0411 ] tegrahost_v2 --chip 0x19 0 --updatesigheader /home/nvidia/nvidia/nvidia_sdk/JetPack_5.0.2_Linux_JETSON_AGX_XAV │
│IER_TARGETS/Linux_for_Tegra/bootloader/mb1_t194_prod_sigheader.bin /home/nvidia/nvidia/nvidia_sdk/JetPack_5.0.2_Linux_JETSON_AGX_ │
│XAVIER_TARGETS/Linux_for_Tegra/bootloader/mb1_t194_prod_sigheader.hash zerosbk                                                    │
│info: [   0.0471 ] tegrabct_v2 --chip 0x19 0 --sfuse tegra194-mb1-soft-fuses-l4t.cfg.pdf sfuse.bin  
sdk/JetPack_5.0.2_Linux_JETSON_AGX_XAVIER_TARGETS/Linux_for_Tegra/bootloader/mb1_t194_prod_sigheader.bin 0 0                      │
│info: [   0.0517 ] RCM 0 is saved as rcm_0.rcm                                                                                    │
│info: [   0.0537 ] RCM 1 is saved as rcm_1.rcm                                                                                    │
│info: [   0.0537 ] RCM 2 is saved as rcm_2.rcm                                                                                    │
│info: [   0.0540 ] List of rcm files are saved in rcm_list.xml                                                                    │
│info: [   0.0540 ]                                                                                                                │
│info: [   0.0540 ] Signing RCM messages                                                                                           │
│info: [   0.0615 ] tegrasign_v3.py --key None --list rcm_list.xml --getmontgomeryvalues montgomery.bin --pubkeyhash pub_key.key   │
│info: [   0.0616 ] Assuming zero filled SBK key                                                                                   │
│info: [   0.0653 ] Warning: pub_key.key is not found                                                                              │
│info: [   0.0605 ] Copying signature to RCM mesages                                                                               │
│info: [   0.0624 ] tegrarcm_v2 --chip 0x19 0 --updatesig rcm_list_signed.xml                                                      │
│info: [   0.0637 ] Boot Rom communication                                                                                         │
│info: [   0.0655 ] tegrarcm_v2 --chip 0x19 0 --rcm rcm_list_signed.xml --skipuid                                                  │
│info: [   0.0662 ] RCM version 0X190001                                                                                           │
│info: [   0.0919 ] Boot Rom communication completed                                                                               │
│info: [   2.1180 ] tegrarcm_v2 --isapplet         
info: [   2.1201 ] Applet version 01.00.0000                                                                                      │
│info: [   2.1981 ] tegrarcm_v2 --ismb2                                                                                            │
│info: [   2.3037 ] tegrahost_v2 --chip 0x19 --align nvtboot_applet_t194_aligned.bin                                               │
│info: [   2.3090 ] tegrahost_v2 --chip 0x19 0 --magicid PLDT --appendsigheader nvtboot_applet_t194_aligned.bin zerosbk            │
│info: [   2.3111 ] adding BCH for nvtboot_applet_t194_aligned.bin                                                                 │
│info: [   2.3280 ] tegrasign_v3.py --key None --list nvtboot_applet_t194_aligned_sigheader.bin_list.xml --pubkeyhash pub_key.key  │
│info: [   2.3284 ] Assuming zero filled SBK key                                                                                   │
│info: [   2.3325 ] Warning: pub_key.key is not found                                                                              │
│info: [   2.3308 ] tegrahost_v2 --chip 0x19 0 --updatesigheader nvtboot_applet_t194_aligned_sigheader.bin.encrypt nvtboot_applet_ │
│t194_aligned_sigheader.bin.hash zerosbk                                                                                           │
│info: [   2.3390 ] tegrarcm_v2 --download mb2 nvtboot_applet_t194_sigheader.bin.encrypt                                           │
│info: [   2.3405 ] Applet version 01.00.0000                                                                                      │
│info: [   2.4153 ] Sending mb2                                                                                                    │
│info: [   2.4154 ] [...] 100%                                                                                                     │
│info: [   2.4372 ] tegrarcm_v2 --boot recovery                                                                                    │
│info: [   2.4389 ] Applet version 01.00.0000                                                                                      │
│info: [   3.5273 ] tegrarcm_v2 --isapplet             
info: [   3.6063 ] tegrarcm_v2 --ismb2                                                                                            │
│info: [   3.6084 ] MB2 Applet version 01.00.0000                                                                                  │
│info: [   3.7063 ] tegrarcm_v2 --ismb2                                                                                            │
│info: [   3.7086 ] MB2 Applet version 01.00.0000                                                                                  │
│info: [   3.8021 ] Retrieving board information                                                                                   │
│info: [   3.8056 ] tegrarcm_v2 --oem platformdetails chip chip_info.bin                                                           │
│info: [   3.8076 ] MB2 Applet version 01.00.0000                                                                                  │
│info: [   3.8895 ] Saved platform info in chip_info.bin                                                                           │
│info: [   3.8938 ] Chip minor revision: 2                                                                                         │
│info: [   3.8939 ] Bootrom revision: 0xf                                                                                          │
│info: [   3.8939 ] Ram code: 0x2                                                                                                  │
│info: [   3.8940 ] Chip sku: 0xd0                                                                                                 │
│info: [   3.8941 ] Chip Sample: non es                                                                                            │
│info: [   3.8949 ] Retrieving EEPROM data                                                                                         │
│info: [   3.8949 ] tegrarcm_v2 --oem platformdetails eeprom cvm /home/nvidia/nvidia/nvidia_sdk/JetPack_5.0.2_Linux_JETSON_AGX_XAV │
│IER_TARGETS/Linux_for_Tegra/bootloader/cvm.bin                                                                                    │
│info: [   3.8960 ] MB2 Applet version 01.00.0000        
nfo: [   3.9773 ] Saved platform info in /home/nvidia/nvidia/nvidia_sdk/JetPack_5.0.2_Linux_JETSON_AGX_XAVIER_TARGETS/Linux_for_ │
│Tegra/bootloader/cvm.bin                                                                                                          │
│info: [   4.0185 ] Generating RCM messages                                                                                        │
│info: [   4.0224 ] tegrahost_v2 --chip 0x19 0 --magicid MB1B --appendsigheader /home/nvidia/nvidia/nvidia_sdk/JetPack_5.0.2_Linux │
│_JETSON_AGX_XAVIER_TARGETS/Linux_for_Tegra/bootloader/mb1_t194_prod.bin zerosbk                                                   │
│info: [   4.0250 ] Header already present for /home/nvidia/nvidia/nvidia_sdk/JetPack_5.0.2_Linux_JETSON_AGX_XAVIER_TARGETS/Linux_ │
│for_Tegra/bootloader/mb1_t194_prod.bin                                                                                            │
│info: [   4.0414 ] tegrasign_v3.py --key None --getmode mode.txt                                                                  │
│info: [   4.0417 ] Assuming zero filled SBK key                                                                                   │
│info: [   4.0443 ] tegrasign_v3.py --file /home/nvidia/nvidia/nvidia_sdk/JetPack_5.0.2_Linux_JETSON_AGX_XAVIER_TARGETS/Linux_for_ │
│Tegra/bootloader/mb1_t194_prod_sigheader.bin --key None --length 1136 --offset 2960 --pubkeyhash pub_key.key                      │
│info: [   4.0445 ] Assuming zero filled SBK key                                                                                   │
│info: [   4.0469 ] Warning: pub_key.key is not found                                                                              │
│info: [   4.0443 ] tegrahost_v2 --chip 0x19 0 --updatesigheader /home/nvidia/nvidia/nvidia_sdk/JetPack_5.0.2_Linux_JETSON_AGX_XAV │
│IER_TARGETS/Linux_for_Tegra/bootloader/mb1_t194_prod_sigheader.bin /home/nvidia/nvidia/nvidia_sdk/JetPack_5.0.2_Linux_JETSON_AGX_ │
│XAVIER_TARGETS/Linux_for_Tegra/bootloader/mb1_t194_prod_sigheader.hash zerosbk                                                    │
│info: [   4.0512 ] tegrabct_v2 --chip 0x19 0 --sfuse tegra194-mb1-soft-fuses-l4t.cfg.pdf sfuse.bin 
nfo: [   4.0549 ] tegrarcm_v2 --listrcm rcm_list.xml --chip 0x19 0 --sfuses sfuse.bin --download rcm /home/nvidia/nvidia/nvidia_ │
│sdk/JetPack_5.0.2_Linux_JETSON_AGX_XAVIER_TARGETS/Linux_for_Tegra/bootloader/mb1_t194_prod_sigheader.bin 0 0                      │
│info: [   4.0563 ] RCM 0 is saved as rcm_0.rcm                                                                                    │
│info: [   4.0602 ] RCM 1 is saved as rcm_1.rcm                                                                                    │
│info: [   4.0603 ] RCM 2 is saved as rcm_2.rcm                                                                                    │
│info: [   4.0607 ] List of rcm files are saved in rcm_list.xml                                                                    │
│info: [   4.0607 ]                                                                                                                │
│info: [   4.0607 ] Signing RCM messages                                                                                           │
│info: [   4.0681 ] tegrasign_v3.py --key None --list rcm_list.xml --getmontgomeryvalues montgomery.bin --pubkeyhash pub_key.key   │
│info: [   4.0684 ] Assuming zero filled SBK key                                                                                   │
│info: [   4.0752 ] Warning: pub_key.key is not found                                                                              │
│info: [   4.0704 ] Copying signature to RCM mesages                                                                               │
│info: [   4.0728 ] tegrarcm_v2 --chip 0x19 0 --updatesig rcm_list_signed.xml                                                      │
│info: [   4.0741 ] Boot Rom communication                                                                                         │
│info: [   4.0760 ] tegrarcm_v2 --chip 0x19 0 --rcm rcm_list_signed.xml                                                            │
│info: [   4.0768 ] BootRom is not running                                                                                         │
│info: [  10.3063 ] tegrarcm_v2 --isappletinfo: [  10.3850 ] tegrarcm_v2 --ismb2                                                                                            │
│info: [  10.3857 ] MB2 Applet version 01.00.0000                                                                                  │
│info: [  10.4831 ] tegrarcm_v2 --ismb2                                                                                            │
│info: [  10.4851 ] MB2 Applet version 01.00.0000                                                                                  │
│info: [  10.5782 ] Retrieving board information                                                                                   │
│info: [  10.5802 ] tegrarcm_v2 --oem platformdetails chip chip_info.bin                                                           │
│info: [  10.5818 ] MB2 Applet version 01.00.0000                                                                                  │
│info: [  10.6779 ] Saved platform info in chip_info.bin                                                                           │
│info: [  10.6821 ] Chip minor revision: 2                                                                                         │
│info: [  10.6821 ] Bootrom revision: 0xf                                                                                          │
│info: [  10.6822 ] Ram code: 0x2                                                                                                  │
│info: [  10.6822 ] Chip sku: 0xd0                                                                                                 │
│info: [  10.6823 ] Chip Sample: non es                                                                                            │
│info: [  10.6832 ] Retrieving EEPROM data                                                                                         │
│info: [  10.6832 ] tegrarcm_v2 --oem platformdetails eeprom cvb /home/nvidia/nvidia/nvidia_sdk/JetPack_5.0.2_Linux_JETSON_AGX_XAV │
│IER_TARGETS/Linux_for_Tegra/bootloader/bbd.bin                                                                                    │
│info: [  10.6840 ] MB2 Applet version 01.00.0000    
info: [  10.7647 ] Saved platform info in /home/nvidia/nvidia/nvidia_sdk/JetPack_5.0.2_Linux_JETSON_AGX_XAVIER_TARGETS/Linux_for_ │
│Tegra/bootloader/bbd.bin                                                                                                          │
│info: [  10.7997 ] Rebooting to recovery mode                                                                                     │
│info: [  10.8031 ] tegrarcm_v2 --ismb2                                                                                            │
│info: [  10.8049 ] MB2 Applet version 01.00.0000                                                                                  │
│info: [  10.8831 ] Rebooting to recovery mode                                                                                     │
│info: [  10.8859 ] tegrarcm_v2 --reboot recovery                                                                                  │
│info: [  10.8874 ] MB2 Applet version 01.00.0000                                                                                  │
│info: --- Reading board information succeeded.                                                                                    │
│info: Parsing baseboard EEPROM:                                                                                                   │
│info: --- Parsing board ID (2822) succeeded.                                                                                      │
│info: --- Parsing board version (700) succeeded.                                                                                  │
│info: --- Parsing board SKU (0000) succeeded.                                                                                     │
│info: --- Parsing board REV (K.0) succeeded.                                                                                      │
│info: Parsing module EEPROM:                                                                                                      │
│info: --- Parsing board ID (2888) succeeded.                                                                                      │
│info: --- Parsing board version (400) succeeded.                     
nfo: --- Parsing board SKU (0004) succeeded.                                                                                     │
│info: --- Parsing board REV (L.0) succeeded.                                                                                      │
│info: jetson-agx-xavier-devkit found.                                                                                             │
│info: Parsing boardid successful                                                                                                  │
│info: Target board is jetson-agx-xavier-devkit                                                                                    │
│info: External storage specified nvme0n1p1                                                                                        │
│info: Flashing Jetson Xavier                                                                                                      │
│info: /home/nvidia/nvidia/nvidia_sdk/JetPack_5.0.2_Linux_JETSON_AGX_XAVIER_TARGETS/Linux_for_Tegra/tools/kernel_flash/l4t_initrd_ │
│flash_internal.sh --no-flash --external-device nvme0n1p1 -c tools/kernel_flash/flash_l4t_external.xml --showlogs --network usb0   │
│jetson-agx-xavier-devkit nvme0n1p1                                                                                                │
│info: Please install the Secureboot package to use initrd flash for fused board                                                   │
│info:  * Stopping NFS kernel daemon                                                                                               │
│info:    ...done.                                                                                                                 │
│info:  * Unexporting directories for NFS kernel daemon...                                                                         │
│info:    ...done.                                                                                                                 │
│info:  * Not starting NFS kernel daemon: no exports.
error: exportfs: /home/nvidia/nvidia/nvidia_sdk/JetPack_5.0.2_Linux_JETSON_AGX_XAVIER_TARGETS/Linux_for_Tegra/rootfs does not     │
│support NFS export                                                                                                                │
│info: Cleaning up...   

By the way, same behaviour with Jetson Orin AGX:

info: jetson-agx-orin-devkit found.                                                                     │
│info: Parsing boardid successful                                                                        │
│info: Target board is jetson-agx-orin-devkit                                                            │
│info: External storage specified nvme0n1p1                                                              │
│info: Flashing Jetson Orin                                                                              │
│info: /home/nvidia/nvidia/nvidia_sdk/JetPack_5.1_Linux_JETSON_AGX_ORIN_TARGETS/Linux_for_Tegra/tools/ke │
│rnel_flash/l4t_initrd_flash_internal.sh --no-flash --external-device nvme0n1p1 -c tools/kernel_flash/fl │
│ash_l4t_external.xml --showlogs --network usb0 jetson-agx-orin-devkit nvme0n1p1                         │
│info:  * Stopping NFS kernel daemon                                                                     │
│info:    ...done.                                                                                       │
│info:  * Unexporting directories for NFS kernel daemon...                                               │
│info:    ...done.                                                                                       │
│info:  * Not starting NFS kernel daemon: no exports.                                                    │
│error: exportfs: /home/nvidia/nvidia/nvidia_sdk/JetPack_5.1_Linux_JETSON_AGX_ORIN_TARGETS/Linux_for_Teg │
│ra/rootfs does not support NFS export                                                                   │
│info: Cleaning up..

Hello. Do you have any news about what could be happening?

Hello. Do you have any news about what could be happening? I’ve got one AGX we need stopped,waiting to use at some point to help to debug this. But I need to know this issue is not being ignored, or I will have to keep on using it again at some point.

Is anyone reading this?

Hi masip85,

Do you mean the board can not be detected with JP5.1 but can be detected in JP5.0.2?

If it can not be detected in JP5.1, how did you flash it back to JP5.0.2?

Could you help to state the exactly problem you met?
and I’ve explained that docker would be unstable for the connection between the host PC and the board.

1 Like
  1. Yes. One versions detects the jetsons in selection panel, the other one doesn’t.

2. But the best of both, ends with

│info: Waiting for target to boot-up..

(only when using internal nvme), emmc installation works fine

3- Unstable means I cannot use it? I watch lsusb and remains connected. And why in that case emmc installation works just fine?

There’s no internal NVMe, just eMMC…

You may use that. For our experience, we would just suggest to use standalone Ubuntu as your host PC to develop the Jetson.

I’ve installed an nvme inside the xavier! I know is not included XD . And I can install the jetpack on it perfectly. Normally I use the jetsonhacks github code (bootFromExternalStorage) or I do it manually myself.

So what the problem with it? Why I can install perfectly on emmc but I cannot install on nvme?

If you wonder about my personal machine linux version, this is it:

Regards

I would not know the exactly cause of this problem

For using NVMe as rootfs, you could refer to the following steps to flash into NVMe drive.
Flashing Support — Flashing to an NVMe Drive

Yes, with commands I can do it successfully. Manually, I can do it, but as always, I need to have different ubuntu versions for different jetpacks.

And yes , I can do it with sdkmanager with no problem. but I need also different Ubuntu versions.

That’s the reason I want to move from manually to docker sdk manager. I guess that is the foundation of docker sdk manager, the ability of doing it without being worried of Ubuntu Os versions.

We’d like to move forward and being able of doing this with docker. Can you reproduce the issue? Or it’s only me?

That’s not exactly.
For JP4, Ubuntu 16.04/18.04 are both supported.
For JP5, Ubuntu 18.04/20.04 are both supported.
There’re also many minor versions in bothe JP4/JP5.

We would not suggest using docker/VM/WSL2 to develop Jetson. If you really wants to use docker, please help to provide the detail reproduce steps and related flash/serial log. I would help to verify from my side.