Downgrade Drive OS 5.2.0 to 5.1.15

Please provide the following info (check/uncheck the boxes after clicking “+ Create Topic”):
Software Version
DRIVE OS Linux 5.2.0
DRIVE OS Linux 5.2.0 and DriveWorks 3.5
NVIDIA DRIVE™ Software 10.0 (Linux)
NVIDIA DRIVE™ Software 9.0 (Linux)
other DRIVE OS version
other

Target Operating System
Linux
QNX
other

Hardware Platform
NVIDIA DRIVE™ AGX Xavier DevKit (E3550)
NVIDIA DRIVE™ AGX Pegasus DevKit (E3550)
other

SDK Manager Version
1.4.0.7363 (Docker)
other

Host Machine Version
native Ubuntu 18.04
other

I’m trying to downgrade from Drive OS 5.2.0.0 to Drive OS 5.1.15.0. Using the SDK Manager docker image to do
docker run -it sdkmanager --cli downloadonly --logintype devzone --product DRIVE --host --target E3550 --targetos Linux --version OS_5.1.15.0_SDK --flash skip
which results in

Waiting for user information from NVIDIA authentication server...
Retrieving user information...
Loading and processing available products...
Login succeeded.
Loading user information...
User information loaded successfully.
Loading server data...
Server data loaded successfully.
DRIVE version 5.1.15.0 SDK does not support Linux target OS on E3550
Available options are:

DRIVE 5.2.0.0
sdkmanager --cli install --logintype devzone --product DRIVE --version OS_5.2.0.0_SDK --targetos Linux --host --target E3550 --flash all --additionalsdk OpenDDS --additionalsdk 'ROS Example'

DRIVE 5.1.6.1
sdkmanager --cli install --logintype devzone --product DRIVE --version OS_5.1.6.1_SDK --targetos Linux --host --target E3550 --flash all`

The Update Matrix shows 5.2.0->5.1.15 as a valid downgrade path. What am I missing to make this work?

Hi @Michael_L ,

DRIVE OS 5.1.15 isn’t available on devzone so I don’t think you can install it via devzone.
All versions available on devzone are listed in https://developer.nvidia.com/drive/downloads. Thanks.

Thanks for the response @VickNV.

How would I get access? I assume using --logintype nvonline, but I don’t have access to any DRIVE AGX SDKs using that method.

May I know why you need to downgrade to DRIVE OS 5.1.15? Anything is missing in 5.2.0? Thanks.
You may need to contact with your nvidia representive for accessing things beyond devzone.

A customer is using 5.1.12 and provided binaries that I can’t get to work with the API changes in 5.2.0. Since the downgrade from 5.2.0->5.1.12 is apparently not supported, it seems I need to flash 5.1.15 first.

I just got an nvidia contact to try, so I’ll follow up with him. Thanks for your help pointing me in the right direction.

1 Like