DRIVE OS 6.0.4 (rev. 1)
DRIVE OS 6.0.4 SDK
other

Target Operating System
Linux
QNX
other

Hardware Platform
DRIVE AGX Orin Developer Kit (940-63710-0010-300)
DRIVE AGX Orin Developer Kit (940-63710-0010-200)
DRIVE AGX Orin Developer Kit (940-63710-0010-100)
DRIVE AGX Orin Developer Kit (940-63710-0010-D00)
DRIVE AGX Orin Developer Kit (940-63710-0010-C00)
DRIVE AGX Orin Developer Kit (not sure its number)
other

SDK Manager Version
other

Host Machine Version
native Ubuntu Linux 20.04 Host installed with SDK Manager
native Ubuntu Linux 20.04 Host installed with DRIVE OS Docker Containers
native Ubuntu Linux 18.04 Host installed with DRIVE OS Docker Containers
other

Hi,
I am using the DriveOS image as my base image and building on top of that (got base image form here). But the image is too big, it is 58GB and building on top of that I end up with a 61GB image. This is too big and is not gonna be efficient for my use case (using for CI). Can you please give information into why the DriveOS image is so big? What are the layers?
Also, do you have a similar image that I can run on an ARM machine? I’d like to have an image for CI to run on ARM+GPU machines but the DriveOS image I linked above assumes the host machine is X86.

Please check the layers with the following:

$ docker history --no-trunc <image>

Please refer to https://developer.nvidia.com/blog/running-docker-containers-directly-on-nvidia-drive-agx-orin/.

Thanks a lot for your quick response. How can I create a docker image to run on a machine with ARM CPU and T4 GPU which is very similar to the one I’m using on target-side (Orin)?

Only X86 is supported for the host development environment. Could you please provide more information on why you’re using an ARM CPU and T4 GPU?

I want to make sure my project builds and runs okay on Orin and any change made to the project doesn’t break that condition. So I wan to have a docker image in CI very similar to Orin to build and run the project on for checking.

may not directly address your needs, but you may want to take a look at a discussion in Docker image creation.

Thank you for your help. Does NVIDIA offer images which run DriveOS and emulate ARM architecture but can be run on an Ubuntu x86 host?

Unfortunately, NVIDIA does not offer images that run DriveOS and emulate ARM architecture for use on an Ubuntu x86 host.

Thank you, Does NVIDIA offer any images that run DriveOS? Regardless of CPU arch and etc. I’m looking for an image to run on an ARM machiPCne to have an environment as similar as possible to Drive AGX Orin which has been flashed with DriveOS 6.0.8.

NVIDIA does not currently offer that.