Driver installation for cuda on ubuntu (notebook with GeForce 310M and integrated graphics controlle

Hello, I hope this is the right place for my problem.
I have a Samsung SF310. For graphics, the SF310 has both an integrated Intel GMA HD solution as well as an Nvidia GeForce 310M chip.
The installation of last Ubuntu release (11.04) use the nouveau driver of defaults to make use of Unity interface, and I want to use the official nvidia driver to program with CUDA 4.0.
The main problem to work with this toolkit is the driver installation.
Related warning:

• After installation (both 270 and 280 version) ubuntu have to run in low graphic mode.
  • On calling command nvidia-settings, the system return the message “You do not appear to be using the NVIDIA X driver”…(I’m sure to follow the right steps, since i have just seen the documentation and many other discussions)
  • /dev/nvidia0 and /dev/nvidiactl are not created.
  • Accordingly, after cuda toolkit 4.0 and relative sdk installation, some test programs like ‘deviceQuery’ cannot detect the device.

Just yesterday I tried to follow the discussion below:
http://forums.debian…php?f=7&t=53304

but it doesn’t resolve my problem.

I think that other information can be useful, but I want to know if other users have experience with the same hardware and cuda driver installation.
A tutorial is welcome.