Driveworks Samples (Ego Motion & Camera Calibration)

Hello,

I am using nvidia drive px2 with driveworks 1.2 release.
So, I would like to test ./sample_calibration_camera and ./sample_egomotion with our own test vehicle.

As far as I check the documentation, both system shall work without IMU sensors such as Xsens or Novatel. However, both samples ask imu recordings and both have the default IMU parameterization.

I thought ego motion sample could work only with steering angle and velocity by changing the method and camera calibration is primarily using vision + odometry.

Lastly, how can I create the rig file? There was a calibration/configuration GUI in the driveworks 0.6, but I could not find the documentation or executable in the 1.2 release.

Thanks in advance,
Kind Regards,

Dear ugur.yavas,
Could you please check calibration tutorial at /usr/local/driveworks/doc/nvsdk_html/dwx_camera_calibration.html

Hi again,

I guess there is a misunderstanding.

I refer to following htmls:
/usr/local/driveworks-1.2/doc/nvdwx_html/dwx_egomotion_sample.html
/usr/local/driveworks-1.2/doc/nvdwx_html/dwx_camera_calibration_sample.html

Basically, I can calibrate my intrinsics with another tool. My intention is to use either lane or feature detection to correct camera extrinsics. To do so as far as I understand Nvidia samples uses vehicle ego-motion.

Please advise,
Kind Regards,
Ugur

Hi again,

Perhaps, I should simplify my question little more.

Is there any way to make the following two samples work without having an IMU sensor?

usr/local/driveworks-1.2/doc/nvdwx_html/dwx_egomotion_sample.html
/usr/local/driveworks-1.2/doc/nvdwx_html/dwx_camera_calibration_sample.html

Thanks a lot!

Kind Regards,

Dear ugur.yavas,
Did you check running egomotion sample in mode=0?
Camera calibration I will check internal team and get back to you

Dear ugur.yavas,
The camera calibration sample uses IMU based egomotion. So you can not run camera calibration sample without IMU.