Enabling DP1 On TX2 Jetson Carrier Board

Hello, I am trying to enable DP1 on my Nvidia TX2. I am very new to this device and I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction on how to enable it. I appreciate all of the help and time that you guys can give me!

Just want to double confirm and prevent something wrong. What do you want to do here?

You have made a custom board? What do you want to enable here? DP1 sounds like a pin to me but not a interface.

Sorry for not being more specific. To clarify, I want to use the display expansion connector on the carrier board that the TX2 comes with. I have created a custom PCB according to the OEM specs, which essentially just takes the DP0 pins (I meant DP0 in my original post, not DP1) and routes them to a display port female output.

My main question is, how do I enable DP0? I know it isn’t enabled by default, but I have zero clue where to start.

1. You can search posts over forum first. Even dual HDMI cases are fine. The process is similar, just using DP in the end instead of HDMI.

2. Download the kernel source from the website w.r.t your jetpack release.
    Jetson Linux R32.6.1 Release Page | NVIDIA Developer

3. Check this page to know how to build kernel and dtb. Also learn how to flash it into your board
    https://docs.nvidia.com/jetson/l4t/index.html#page/Tegra%20Linux%20Driver%20Package%20Development%20Guide/kernel_custom.html#

After you catch 2,3, we can start to check the extra DP case. Please be aware that there may be lots of obstacles during the whole process. Need ability to read kernel logs.

If you have any colleagues who are familiar with linux kernel, better co-working with them.

Something similar but little bit old.