Error Customizing Jetson Nano 40-pin Expansion Header

Hello,

I am trying to follow the instructions in the following PDF:
Jetson Nano Developer Kit 40-Pin
Expansion Header Configuration

Commands I have run so far within an Ubuntu 22.04.3 virtual machine on a Windows 10 host:

cd ~

cd Linux_for_Tegra
./source_sync.sh -t tegra-l4t-r32.7.4
cd ..

git clone https://github.com/NVIDIA/tegra-pinmux-scripts.git
cd tegra-pinmux-scripts
mkdir csv
cp ../jetson-nano-sd.csv csv/p3450-porg.csv
./csv-to-board.py p3450-porg
./board-to-uboot.py p3450-porg > pinmux-config-p3450-porg.h

cd ~/Linux_for_Tegra/sources/u-boot/
mkdir board/nvidia/p3450-porg
cp ~/tegra-pinmux-scripts/pinmux-config-p3450-porg.h board/nvidia/p3450-porg/

export CROSS_COMPILE=$HOME/l4t-gcc/gcc-linaro-7.3.1-2018.05-x86_64_aarch64-linux-gnu/bin/aarch64-linux-gnu-

make distclean
make p3450-porg_defconfig

Below is the output and error I receive after the last command:

HOSTCC  scripts/basic/fixdep
  HOSTCC  scripts/kconfig/conf.o
  YACC    scripts/kconfig/zconf.tab.c
  LEX     scripts/kconfig/zconf.lex.c
  HOSTCC  scripts/kconfig/zconf.tab.o
  HOSTLD  scripts/kconfig/conf
*** Can't find default configuration "arch/../configs/p3450-porg_defconfig"!
make[1]: *** [scripts/kconfig/Makefile:128: p3450-porg_defconfig] Error 1
make: *** [Makefile:539: p3450-porg_defconfig] Error 2

Am I missing something, is this application note out of date, something else?

Hi roak1317,

Are you using the devkit or custom board for Jetson Nano?
What’s your Jetpack version in use?

I can’t open the link you shared, could you help to share the correct link again?

For Jetson Nano(which comes with L4T R32.X), please use Ubuntu 16.04 or 18.04 as host OS.

I have the Jetson Nano devkit, which has JetPack 4.6.1 on it. For this specific tutorial, I have not done anything on the Jetson Nano yet because the instructions say to use a “computer running Linux (a Linux host) which has the GCC toolchain installed that is recommended for building L4T”. The Jetson Linux Version I am trying to build is 32.7.4, which I got from here:

For some reason, the link to the PDF instructions does not work when pasting here on the forums. I will try again below.

If for some reason that does not work, type this in your search browser:
Jetson Nano Developer Kit 40-Pin Expansion Header Configuration filetype:PDF

Are you using the devkit with eMMC or SD module?
I would suggest you could update to the latest JP4.6.4 (L4T R32.7.4) to verify.

To configure 40 pins header, you could just refer to the following instruction for Jetson-IO.
NVIDIA Jetson Linux Developer Guide : Hardware Setup - Configuring Jetson Expansion Header

I am using the devkit with SD module. I originally flashed it with the JetPack 4.6.1 version from the Jetson Download Center link below:

What is the best way to update to the latest JP4.6.4?

Also, I have had a difficult time trying to understand how to configure the 40 pins header with Jetson-IO. All I am trying to do is configure one pin to be a wake up pin. Do you have any suggestions on how to do this with Jetson-IO?

Please use SDKM to flash Jetson Nano devkit.

Which pin do you want to use as wake up pin?
It seems modifying pinmux spreadsheet should work for your case.

Do you suggest using SDKM to flash the Jetson Nano devkit on a x86_64 system with Ubuntu 18.04?

I was attempting to use Pin 36 as wake up pin when I was following the PDF instructions I listed above, and I have already modified and exported the pinmux spreadsheet according to those instructions. Do you suggest I follow different instructions? What do I do after modifying the spreadsheet? Is there something I do in SDKM after modifying the pinmux spreadsheet?

Yes, exactly.

Using SDKM is helping you to update to the latest release first.
You could refer to the following instruction to apply the pinmux change.
NVIDIA Jetson Linux Developer Guide : Jetson Module Adaptation and Bring-Up - Pinmux Changes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.