hi, i wanted to debug my cuda kernel on visual studio(i have vs2010 & vs2015), then i found it’s impossible to use NSight, probably because the verison of the integrated NSight(4.0) is too low for my gpu(gtx1070). So i planned to install cuda9.2.148 & nsight5.6 on my windows. i failed too many times, please help me.
Here are what i have tried after the first failure:
- uninstall all about nvidia or cuda…restart.
- in Everything, search anything that has “nvidia” or “cuda” in its name, find some residual files, then manually clear them…restart.
- follow suggestion by @oregonduckman( https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/1033111/cuda-setup-and-installation/cuda-9-1-cannot-install-due-to-failed-visual-studio-integration/post/5259359/#5259359 ), change driver into standard VGA… restart.
- install, WHATEVER i uncheck visual studio integration, return failures including no compiler installed.
HOWEVER, i also tried the same installation steps on CUDA 8.0.61, and it succeeded ( although not perfectly, but i can build Samples on both vs2010 and vs2015 ).
- tried same steps on win10, and this time, almost perfect with CUDA8.0.61, failed with 9.2.148.