GStreamer plugins - loading issues

Hi,

I am using the TX2/R28.2.1 and recently I observe a problem when loading certain plugins with gst-inspect-1.0.

(gst-plugin-scanner:13377): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin '<prefix>/gstreamer-1.0/libgstnvarguscamerasrc.so': <prefix>/gstreamer-1.0/libgstnvarguscamerasrc.so: undefined symbol: NvBufferCreateEx

(gst-plugin-scanner:13377): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin '<prefix>/gstreamer-1.0/libgstnvdsexample.so': <prefix>/gstreamer-1.0/libgstnvdsexample.so: undefined symbol: NvBufferCreateEx

The warning message only pops up if I clear ~/.cache/gstreamer-1.0 before running gst-inspect-1.0. I am sure that the plugin was working before but it seems broken now. I do not know what caused the problem. I would appreciate a hint on what the problem could be!

Thank you!

Hi,
We don’t observe the warning after clearing /home/nvidia/.cache/gstreamer-1.0/registry.aarch64.bin, but you probably can try to add LD_PRELOAD

export LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/tegra/libnvbuf_utils.so

NvBufferCreateEx() is defined in libnvbuf_utils.so

Thanks DaneLLL,

while working with the device I replaced some of the libaries on the system with other versions that do not export certain symbols. I was able to fix the issue for most of the plugins.