hello, how to install tensorrt in xavier, I have uninstalled the automotive installation one ?

In order to try other version of tensorrt, I have uninstall the tensorrt which installed in the xavier automotive. (the version I uninstall is 5.1.6)
and I want to install the tensorrt version 5.0.2.6, I have download the software and installation well but when I tried to import the model, it shows error:

import tensorrt
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “”, line 1, in
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/tensorrt/init.py”, line 1, in
from .tensorrt import *
ImportError: /usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/tensorrt/tensorrt.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

but I have this file “tensorrt.so” in a right path, is that means that I can not installation tensorrt in xavier? but how can I installation tensorrt once again if I have uninstalled the one already?

Thanks

Hi guozr123,

May I know what the xavier automotive is?
For Jetson AGX platform, the installation is through JetPack by SDK manager.

Thanks for you reply
yes, I am using the Jetson AGX platform, you means that I have to install the tensorrt once from JetPack SDK manager in host machine, but not possible install tensorrt just in xavier ?

thank you

how should I do if I only want to install a other version tensorrt and do not want to reflash my xavier

Hi,

Sorry that there are lots of dependencies between GPU driver and CUDA library.
This will limit you from using package cross different L4T version.

In short, you will need to install OS and package from the same JetPack version to ensure the compatibility.
Thanks.