Houdini Omniverse Connector v102.3 Release error

Get this error after installing new release:

(0) Couldn’t load C:/Users/***/AppData/Local/ov/pkg/houdini-connector-102.3.0/houdini19.5/houdini/dso/OP_Omni.dll.

The specified procedure could not be found.

Hello @lorsange.domino

Could you please try uninstalling the Houdini Connector 102.3.0 through the Launcher (Settings → Uninstall), and reinstall the version again? Make sure all Houdini sessions are closed while uninstalling and reinstalling.

If not still working, please try delete this folder - C:/Users/***/AppData/Local/ov/pkg/houdini-connector-102.3.0 and reinstall Houdini Connector from Launcher again.

My guess is - there might be a permission error while Launcher trying to install the new version Houdini Connector.

Please let me know if the solutions work for you, and thank you for reporting this issue!

Wayne

Hi @walai
Yes, I tried lot of times with deleting and uninstalling, with 102.1and 102.3.
Still got the problem .
It worked well before updating

@lorsange.domino Could you please share the screen shot of the directories -
C:/Users/***/AppData/Local/ov/pkg/houdini-connector-102.3.0/houdini19.5/houdini/dso and
C:/Users/***/AppData/Local/ov/pkg/houdini-connector-102.3.0/houdini19.5
C:/Users/***/AppData/Local/ov/pkg/houdini-connector-102.3.0/houdini19.5/lib

Are there any error messages while installing Houdini Connector in Launcher ?

I having the same issue, and it even stops my karma renders, so I have to change the package file to another location so it won’t stop the render each frame

Hello @maxmax003 ,
Does your issue start at102.3.0 or even earlier versions - in your screenshot, it is 102.1.0

What is your OS - Windows 10, Windows 11

To be honest I just updated all my 3d apps since I’ve not being doing much the pass 4monts, so I just update houdini to 19.5.534, the connector I have is 102.1.0 but also tried the beta 102.3.0

19.5.493 works fine. Between 19.5.493 and 19.5.534, there are lots of compatibility change.

Actually it’s started working well after lot of tries, but I got this warning after last installing
It’s not ruin Houdini, so just FYI

Let me try 19.5.534 here. Thanks for the info.

Good found @lorsange.domino

This might not be related directly, but it gives us a clue. I am wondering if one of the $HOUDINI_PATH contains corrupted or conflicted plugin files.

If you are interested in dig into this more, you can try -

In Houdini’s Python interpreter (alt + shift + p) type following

import os
print(os.environ.get("HOUDINI_PATH"))

if you exam all directories it outputs, and if there is more than one directory contain packages/omniverse_h19x.json or contain dso/fs/FS_Omni.dll but not dso/OP_Omni.dll - that might be an issue. That also could be where the warning opalias: The alias 'labs::retime'..... coming from.

Hello @jiejiaio
I tested 19.5.534 today and it worked fine for me. I am wondering if there is something else. For the next Houdini Connector release, we can try to build against Houdini 19.5.534. Thank you again for providing the information and what you found!

Wayne

Sorry, haven’t checked forum for a while:
Was mistaken, plugin works with 19.5.493 but still got the error with 19.5.534 mentioned above

C:/Users/***/AppData/Local/ov/pkg/houdini-connector-102.3.0/houdini19.5/houdini/dso
C:/Users/***/AppData/Local/ov/pkg/houdini-connector-102.3.0/houdini19.5
C:/Users/***/AppData/Local/ov/pkg/houdini-connector-102.3.0/houdini19.5/lib

About $HOUDINI_PATH:

C:/Users//Documents/houdini19.5/otls/qLib;
C:/Users/
/Documents/houdini19.5/packages/MOPS-1.7.1;
C:/ProgramData/redshift/Plugins/Houdini/19.5.534;
C:/Program Files/Side Effects Software/sidefx_packages/SideFXLabs19.5;
C:/PROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.534/packages/kinefx;
C:/Program Files/Pixar/RenderManForHoudini-24.4-py3/&;
&:/Users//Documents/houdini19.5/otls/qLib;
H:/Houdini_otls/ox_tools_package_0.1;
/AppData/Local/ov/pkg/houdini-connector-102.3.0/houdini19.5/houdini;&;
C:/Users//Documents/houdini19.5/packages/hpaste-master;
/Documents/houdini19.5/packages/nLib-master;
C:/Prism/Plugins/Apps/Houdini/Integration;
C:/Users//Documents/houdini19.5/packages/MOPS-1.7.1;
/Documents/houdini19.5/LookDev_Assets;
H:/_OCIO_Color_profiles/aces_1.0.3/config.ocio;
C:/Program Files/3Delight/houdini/19.5;
C:/Users//Documents/houdini19.5/packages/axiom3.0.120/houdini19.5.534;
/Documents/houdini19.5/packages/axiom3.0.120/houdini;
K:/ALL/ASSETS/MEGASCAN/support/plugins/houdini/4.6/MSLiveLink;
C:/ProgramData/redshift/Plugins/Solaris/19.5.534;
C:/Users/*****/AppData/Local/ov/pkg/houdini-connector-102.3.0/houdini19.5/lib/usd/omniverse/resources;&

Hello @lorsange.domino
Sorry for the delay - we finally identified where the issue is and working with SideFx to get this solved. The fix will be included in the next Houdini Connector release.

The only affected functionality is the experimental Live Sync node . In the meantime, if you are not using the node, it is safe to delete this file C:/Users/***/AppData/Local/ov/pkg/houdini-connector-102.3.0/houdini19.5/houdini/dso/OP_Omni.dll to suppress the warning.

Thank you again for reporting this issue - it really helps us improve our product! Also thanks to @jiejiaio , your comment helped us identified the problem.

Wayne

1 Like

Hi @walai .
Thank You for informing

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.