Information about the Houdini Omniverse Connector

Is there any update on the timeline for Houdini connector? When will it be ready? Want beta testers? Got a team standing by ready to test it out. :)

Hi @garretthoyos! I let the Houdini Connector dev team know that you are excited and would like to help us test it!

Right now, the team is working on our OmniObjects support which is what is required for us to get our Houdini Connector working. The team has made huge progress and I expect it to be released soon, but I don’t have an ETA.

Any updates on this? It was promissed over a year ago and it seems to have been removed from the Roadmap.

Hi @faptdivers! I know the wait is the worst part! The development work for the Houdini Connector is progressing nicely! We will hear more about it VERY SOON. We recently changed our Roadmap to focus on what we are doing for the next release. Houdini is coming!

1 Like

Cheers and good luck to the team!

Is the Houdini Omniverse Connector (respectively the DRIVE Sim OV - Content Ingest Tools) also supported on Linux?

What constitutes as “very soon”
Its been six months without any new information.

Hi @deata19, @faptdivers, @garretthoyos,

The Dev team wants to thank you and the community for your patients and excitement about the Omniverse Houdini Connector. We are happy to say “very soon” is accurate and our Beta release is almost ready and if you or anyone in the community is interested in testing our Alpha version, please send me a DM.
Thank you again for reaching out and we are hoping to have some more exciting news in the next week. We will keep you and the community more updated as we go.

1 Like

Linux x64 support (CentOS 7/RHEL 7, Ubuntu 20) is planned but will not be in the initial release of the Omniverse Houdini Connector.

We support some Houdini features! Take a look at our documentation here: Houdini — Omniverse Connect documentation

1 Like

Great news! The development team informed me that there will be an official Beta Houdini Connector releasing very soon.

1 Like

Houdini Connector has been release! Check out the forum post here: Houdini Omniverse Connector v100 Release
@garretthoyos @faptdivers @Benutzer554 @deata19

2 Likes

Is there any information about error with installing?

Error occurred during installation of SideFX Houdini: Command failed: “C:\Users****\AppData\Local\ov\pkg\houdini-connector-100.0.0\HoudiniConnectorInstall.bat”
‘xcopy’ is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

@lorsange.domino

Can you please let us know what specific version of Windows you are running?

xcopy comes with Windows 10 in the System32 folder.

Please check the System Environment Variable to ensure PATH includes C:\Windows\System32

One solution may be to run this command in Admin Command console window:
set path=%path%;C:\Windows\system32

then Restart you PC.

This command will add C:\Windows\system32 folder to the %path% then xcopy should work.

I’m getting this error …

(Traceback (most recent call last):
File “omni_save”, line 3, in
File “D:/Projects/Nvidia Omniverse/Library/houdini-connector-100.0.0/houdini/python3.7libs\homni\utils.py”, line 341, in save_helper
if hou.hipFile.isNewFile():
AttributeError: ‘hipFile’ object has no attribute ‘isNewFile’)

Windows 10 64bit. Houdini 19.0.383. Python 3.

@kecollins
Thanks for help, It works after restarting

2 Likes

@wildsk.1990
I am going to move that error you are reporting to a new Thread and can see about a resolution.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.