How to add our GPS points to your mapping tool

Hi,

we have very precise GPS position (after PPK), from roads that we mapped. How can we convert this GPS points to your DW maps. We saw that you have xml file, could you provide an example?

Thanks!

Hi,

May I know your GPS is for moving vehicle or for the lanes&road-segment?

To generate an XML map sample, you can check the maptool_here_to_dw_maps which is located at ‘driveworks-1.2/tools/maps’.
Set file type of output_file into .xml and it will output XML map automatically.

Thanks.

Hi,

our GPS coordinates are for lane&road segment. We tried to import kml file to your maptool_here_to_dw_maps and we got the error: “MapToolHEREToDWMaps: Credentials are not specified. app_id is missing”. Do you have another way to make dw map from out GPS landmarks.

Hi Anja,

the .kml file specifies a GPS track and not a map. Our sample uses a 3rd party service - namely ‘Here’ - to create a map based on your track.

In order to use their REST API you need an API Token which includes the values for the app_id and app_code. Therefore, please find yourself in one of the ‘Here’ plans HERE Base Plan | Location Services | Pricing | HERE as we do not provide any maps.

Our next will enable you to choose between the above mentioned ‘Here’ or ‘TomTom’ service. Depending on your region you want to cover you may prefer one over the other.

So please correct me if I am wrong, but I assume you do not have own maps you want to convert into DW maps and therefore you need to contact a maps provider for support.

• Fabian

Hi,

actually we do have our own maps which we want to convert into DW maps.

We also tried to make a free HERE account to get app_id and app_code, just to test your sample, but we got some error that we can’t access the service.

Anja

Hi Anja,

please contact Here since this seems like a wrong usage of our their REST API or some permission problem on their side.

For creating your own maps the right approach for the conversion is to use dwMaps in xml format. Basically, we provide a template of an xml file showing how the data should be filled as written above. You can create xml files in the same format but with your own data.

Though this sounds trivial, this involves considerable effort.

• Fabian