How to uninstall Omniverse

I just installed it to test the demo and now cant get rid of this software. It starts with windows everytime no matter what. It doesn’t show up in the uninstall apps list or have its own uninstaller. If I delete the files for omniverse it try’s to access them at startup anyways. The ‘cleanup tool’ does not uninstall omniverse. It just re-installs it. Why is there no uninstall?

hello @rye.alb -
I understand your issue, yes the clean-up script does not truly do what its name implies. Leaves the Launcher. I will follow through with development on either changes to the script and/or a true Windows un-install. Prior to this can you do the following:

1. Run the clean-up script again
  2. Then delete the following files/folders:

File:
C:\Users\YOURUSER\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\NVIDIA Corporation\NVIDIA Omniverse Launcher

Folders:
C:\Users\YOURUSER\AppData\Roaming\omniverse-launcher
C:\Users\YOURUSER\AppData\Local\omniverse-launcher-updater

Then on re-boot, should not reinstall and all clean

Dev Ref: [OM-40556]

1 Like

how about for ubuntu?

hello @seth8 -
For Linux:

Download and use the Linux version of the cleanup-tool (Cleanup-Tool — Omniverse Launcher documentation). This will remove all installed applications. This tool will ask you if you also want to delete any data/assets in your Nucleus database.

Before rebooting system:

1. cat ~/.config/autostart/nvidia-omniverse-launcher.desktop
    This file has the path to the Launcher exeuctable. See “Exec=…”
    Delete this file

2. then delete ~/.config/autostart/nvidia-omniverse-launcher.desktop

Now you can reboot and Launcher will not try to install.

1 Like

thanks - i did find this through some posts, and appreciate your getting back to me.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.