Imx219_board_setup: error during i2c read probe

Hi,
I’m trying to use a Raspi Cam v2 with my jetson nano but i’m getting " Imx219_board_setup: error during i2c read probe (-121).
I’ve tried to flash with SDK Manager, but i realized error comes up even if no cam connected like in this topic: https://forums.developer.nvidia.com/t/imx219-board-setup-error-during-i2c-read-probe-121/177247

I hope you can help me.

Hi,

Are you using a Jetson Nano devkit? If so this kind of issues are caused due to faulty hardware. That error message is basically telling that the driver had troubles communicating with the image sensor through I2C (for example the image sensor could be turned off, there is no input clock to the sensor, etc). Maybe it is a problem with the Raspi Cam v2 module, or the cable. I would double check the image sensor is well connected to the devkit or use a different cable altogether, perhaps even try the other CSI connector in the devkit.

Jafet Chaves,
Embedded SW Engineer at RidgeRun
Contact us: support@ridgerun.com
Developers wiki: https://developer.ridgerun.com/

Yes, I’m using devkit, but the problem is nothing connected to jetson nano and still i get this error.

Well, that is expected. I don’t understand the issue then. Are you not able to boot the Jetson Nano?

I can, there is no problem about that.

Got it, so I would fallback to my original suggestion this kind of issues are typically due to hardware problems. Change to another connector in the devkit, have another camera module connected or replace the ribbon cable.

I’ve tried almost everything but no changes. I’m saying that i have no camera connected to jetson nano but still getting this error.

ceki, I have identified two aspects here:

• When you have not even physically connected an IMX219 and still get the “error during i2c read probe” logs that is completely expected and it’s fine. The default JetPack image is done like that so the IMX219 is supported right out-of-the-box.

• Now, if you have tried many things like change to another connector in the devkit, have another camera module connected or replace the ribbon cable – then that suggests there is a hardware problem.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.