Jetson Nano Error when trying to Boot Up

We got a Jetson Nano a few days ago and installed ROS Melodic on Ubuntu but it some storage issues. Now it fails to even boot up, and gives the error messages below when connected to power. (Also just to note that there has never been any sort of camera connected to it, despite the imx219 messages below. We only have a keyboard, mouse, and WiFi dongle connected to it, but the issues persist when any/all of these are removed.) What can we do to try to fix this issue, please? Any help is much appreciated. Thank you.

imx219 9-0010: imx219 _board_setup: error during i2c read probe (-121)
imx219 9-0010: board setup failed
imx219 10-0010: imx219 board_setup: error during 12c read probe (-121)
imx219 10-0010: board setup failed
cp: not writing through dangling symlink 'etc/resolv.conf'
group: group2: unknown option "nsdelegate"
random: crng init done
random: 7 random warning (s) missed due to ratelimiting
using random self, ethernet address
using random host ethernet address
using random self ethernet address
using random host ethernet address
CPU4: shutdown
CPU5: shutdown
Bridge firewalling registered

The default image include the IMX219 driver that’s why loading the driver and probe failed due to didn’t connected. The IMX219 probe failed won’t case the system boot failed.
Suppose it could be the image crash in storage. Maybe reflash the system to check if able to boot again.

@ShaneCCC

Sorry not to hijack the discussion. I had Jetson nano 2gb running on a version that required

ctrl-alt-f2 on boot

It seems to be an issue with lightdm. I just used ctrl-alt-f2 to switch to a different term after the screen goes blank on boot and switched to gdm

This was from jan-20 image.

I was wondering if this has been fixed in the latest images and I can flash a latest version.

You’ll probably want to start a different thread since the original uses ROS.

However, in the latter case, we know it boots, but the GUI does not start. The original case might actually boot, but not have a GUI. We don’t really know. In every case like this one would need to post the serial console boot log. If the boot log shows boot is not complete, then it really did not boot; lack of a GUI though does not indicate boot failure (graphical environments are complicated, and a lot can go wrong even if boot otherwise succeeds).

Even if both cases are a lack of GUI, I’d suggest @pow start a new thread. In this case and the other, always post a serial console boot log. In cases where one knows it is only the GUI, then also post the “/var/log/Xorg.0.log” (the “0” might change in some cases; the last file listed from “ls -ltr /var/log/Xorg.*.log” is the one which is relevant).

Hi,

Yes, please share the xorg log since this issue is related to lightdm that desktop GUI fails to launch.

@ShaneCCC @WayneWWW
Thanks for your replies. What is the best way of reflashing the system? Do I need to download the NVIDIA SDK Manager or are there any other ways? Thank you

Yes, the best way is the sdkmanager.

@WayneWWW @ShaneCCC

Ok, thank you. I seem to be part of the Developer Program, but when I try to download the SDK Manager (at the link I previously posted), I get the following error message:

Access Denied. The file or page you have requested requires NVIDIA program membership. Please join one of the required programs to access this material: Developer.

Is there anything else I can do to download this SDK Manager, please?

Can you confirm your developer program membership is no problem?
Can you do the logout and login again to see if can work?
Can you try with other browser?

Thanks

@kayccc
On the “My Programs” section of My Account, I am enrolled in the “NVIDIA Developer: Technology Access Group”.

However, despite logging out/in and trying a different browser, I still am denied access from downloading the SDK Manager debian. Is there any other way that I can download this, please?

I never met this problem, supposed you need to join the “NVIDIA Deveoper Program”.
Please check if you can join the NVIDIA Developer

@kayccc

When I log in to my account, on the Developer Program page, it says “You’re all set” instead of “Join the Developer Program” which also suggests that I’ve joined the program. I’ve also signed up to the newsletter. I’m not sure what else I can do.

Is it possible for you to send me the debian file, please? Or can I download it from somewhere else?

JetPack/SDK Manager will try to authenticate through your browser when you log in via SDKM. I’m wondering if perhaps the browser is not popping up? If not, do you have any sort of blocker program running which might prevent this?

@linuxdev

The browser does open a new tab but this then reloads to the “Access Denied” page. I don’t have any blocker programs running, and I’ve tried on multiple browsers on both Windows and Linux devices. I’d appreciate any other suggestions you might have. Thank you.

For JetPack/SDKM to run it would have to be on an Ubuntu 18.04 o/s (well, you can run this on some more recent Ubuntu, but actual install media will only work correctly for your Nano’s releases with 18.04).

There are two login possibilities when starting SDKM. One is for developers, the other is for partners. Are you using the developer.nvidia.com one? If so, then this is correct. If you were accidentally using the partners login, then it would deny this.

If the browser itself is saying “access denied”, and it was not due to lack of network access (but was instead the web site itself saying access denied), then something is wrong (perhaps related to the server in some region of the world). Obviously you can log in to developer.nvidia.com since you are posting here, so I doubt that is the issue.

@linuxdev

Yes, I am trying to use the developer.nvidia.com SDK Manager without luck. Is it possible for this debian to be emailed to me? I’m not sure how else to progress.

It should allow login if you can log in here. @TomNVIDIA might be able to help with that, or one of the moderators already in the thread. It is just common to accidentally use the wrong login though so I thought I’d ask about that first. There isn’t just a .deb file per se one can use, this leads to JetPack/SDK Manager, which in turn uses the same login which you’ve been denied on. You might mention which part/region of the world you are logged in to though since sometimes it is a server configuration issue and different servers are used for different parts of the world.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.