Installation failed

Hi,
In the Jetpack installation progress, I get errors.
When I click “Retry”, it pops up a message like below:

It seems like Jetson is not connected, but I check “lsusb” and it’s still there:

I’m stucking at “Flash Jetson Linux” step, pls help me.
This is the configuration:

It looks like the board is not in recovery mode.

Yeah, I get back to the 1st step, put Jetson in recovery mode and try again.
However, in the middle of the progess, the flashing is about 30-40%, sdkmanager pops up the error message “Could not detect target hardware” again.
Is something wrong with the “Storage Device” I select ? Are there specific conditions for selecting NVMe storage device ?
I was told that I must select NVMe rather than the default but dont know why.

There is a export logs button on sdkmanager GUI. Reproduce the issue and click that button to share the log to me. I cannot tell what happens by just “flashing is about 30~40%”.

1 Like

sdkmanager generates .zip file like below, do you mean it ?
SDKM_logs_JetPack_5.1.1_(rev._1)_Linux_for_Jetson_Xavier_NX_modules_2023-05-05_14-06-19.zip (612.0 KB)
For more information, when I select the defaut Storage Device (EMMC), the installation process runs smoothly.

The issue is the system cannot detect your nvme drive.

max_index=16
writing item=1, 9:0:primary_gpt, 512, 19968, gpt_primary_9_0.bin, 16896, fixed--0, 9a41e1b02090b7789172cdd85fe04d37bca53217
Error: Could not stat device /dev/nvme0n1 - No such file or directory.
Flash failure
Cleaning up…

1 Like

I see.
If I use Storage Device NVMe, does the installation overwrite the SSD’s data ? like reinstall OS on laptop ?

Yes, it will format the NVMe drive and install file system.

1 Like

Ok, thank you a lot.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.