Internet connectivity & Remote access to Drive AGX platform

Please provide the following info:
Hardware Platform: [DRIVE AGX Xavier™ Developer Kit]
Software Version: [DRIVE Software 10]
Host Machine Version: [native Ubuntu 18.04]
SDK Manager Version: [Example: 1.4.0.7363]

I have connected ethernet cable from our IT team to 1Gbps 802.3bp Ethernet port 1&2. Could not find any clear instructions to configure IP address, subnet mask, gateway, DNS servers and proxy IP address and port on Drive AGX target machine.

As the target machine 10 (rev 2) is a trimmed down version of Linux, many of standard configuration commands available are not applicable.

Also, due to Covid there is a limited access to office and would like to setup a remote access to the Drive AGX platform. Would appreciate if you can point me to the documentation related to that too.

Best regards,
Hitesh

Dear @hitesh.pandya1,
Did you check Remote access with OpenGL support with Drive Software 10.0 and Basic Configurations for the Drive AGX Xavier with Software 10.0

Thanks for the prompt reply.

The link for the IP configuration is for software release 10.0 Basic Configurations for the Drive AGX Xavier with Software 10.0.

Is this also applicable for 10.0 (Rev2)?

Also, I have 2 Ethernet cables, one for the host and another for the Drive AGX. Host is a standard Linux and am able to configure it without any issues. While on the target AGX, it is not clear which files we need to modify for setting up the IP address, subnet mask, gateway, DNS servers and proxy server. The link that you mentioned refers to a network between host and target.

“ROUTE:sudo route add default gw yy.yy.yy.yy # the yy.yy.yy.yy is the IP of the host”

Setting the IP with the below command is not permanent and is removed on reboot. Also, there is no internet connectivity and sudo apt-get update fails where it is not able to resolve “ports.ubuntu.com

“IP: sudo ifconfig eth0 xx.xx.xx.xx netmask 255.255.255.0”

Also, there are several resolv.conf files. Not sure which is the right file to be modified for DNS servers.
/etc/resolv.conf
/lib/systemd/resolv.conf
/run/resolvconf/resolv.conf
/run/systemd/resolve/resolv.conf

Thanks for the help.

Dear @hitesh.pandya1,
For enabling internet on target, after flashing target, Could you connect to 3/4 port using dualGBE dongle and restart network manager. Please share ifconfig logs if it does not help. You may also access target via minicom from host.

Thanks for the reply.
I am able to access internet on 1/2 port using dualGBE dongle using below commands

1. IP: sudo ifconfig eth0 xx.xx.xx.xx netmask 255.255.255.0
  2. ROUTE:sudo route add default gw yy.yy.yy.yy eth0 where yy.yy.yy.yy is gateway ip address
  3. DNS: Adding nameserver IP addresses to /run/systemd/resolve/resolv.conf and /etc/resolv.conf

However, the configurations of the above 1 and 2 are transient and needs to re-executed on system reboot.
Would like to have a permanent solution.

I am able to ssh to the NVIDIA Drive AGX from the host machine.
Thanks & Regards,
Hitesh

You can refer to Accessing the SoC from UART to access Xavier A/B from your host system and then you can get the its IP address. Thanks1