Isaac Sim A100 & apptainer/singularity support?

Hi,

I’m trying to run Isaac Sim on a remote HPC cluster with A100 GPUs. Docker isn’t installed, so i’m trying to use apptainer (aka singularity).

The command i’m running and a transcript of the output follow. But first a more basic question: is Isaac Sim supported on the A100? Most of the errors are RTX related, and the A100 is a non-RTX GPU, i believe.

Here’s small sample of the RTX errors:

[Error] [gpu.foundation.plugin] Cannot load shader file 'rtx/database/DirtyPageCopy.compute.hlsl'.
[Error] [gpu.foundation.plugin] Cannot load shader file 'rtx/database/DirtyElementsCopy.compute.hlsl'.
[Error] [gpu.foundation.plugin] buildShaderAsync() failed: rtx/database/DirtyElementsCopy.compute.hlsl
[Error] [gpu.foundation.plugin] buildShaderAsync() failed: rtx/database/DirtyPageCopy.compute.hlsl
[Error] [gpu.foundation.plugin] PsoCompute::createPipeline and shader loading failed. RtxResult: 3
[Error] [gpu.foundation.plugin] PsoCompute::createPipeline and shader loading failed. RtxResult: 3

Here’s the apptainer command:

apptainer exec --nv -C \
    --env "ACCEPT_EULA=Y" \
    --env "PRIVACY_CONSENT=Y" \
    -B "$data/cache/kit:/isaac-sim/kit/cache" \
    -B "$data/kit/exts/omni.gpu_foundation/cache:/isaac-sim/kit/exts/omni.gpu_foundation/cache" \
    -B "$data/cache/ov:$HOME/.cache/ov" \
    -B "$data/cache/pip:$HOME/.cache/pip" \
    -B "$data/cache/glcache:$HOME/.cache/nvidia/GLCache" \
    -B "$data/cache/computecache:$HOME/.nv/ComputeCache" \
    -B "$data/logs:$HOME/.nvidia-omniverse/logs" \
    -B "$data/data:$HOME/.local/share/ov/data" \
    -B "$data/documents:$HOME/Documents" \
    ./isaac-sim_2023.1.1.sif \
    /isaac-sim/runheadless.webrtc.sh -v

Here’s the full log output (4.3 MB).

And here’s the output of nvidia-smi:

+---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| NVIDIA-SMI 535.154.05             Driver Version: 535.154.05   CUDA Version: 12.2     |
|-----------------------------------------+----------------------+----------------------+
| GPU  Name                 Persistence-M | Bus-Id        Disp.A | Volatile Uncorr. ECC |
| Fan  Temp   Perf          Pwr:Usage/Cap |         Memory-Usage | GPU-Util  Compute M. |
|                                         |                      |               MIG M. |
|=========================================+======================+======================|
|   0  NVIDIA A100-PCIE-40GB          On  | 00000000:65:00.0 Off |                    0 |
| N/A   40C    P0              33W / 250W |      0MiB / 40960MiB |      0%      Default |
|                                         |                      |             Disabled |
+-----------------------------------------+----------------------+----------------------+

Hi. The A100 is not supported. Isaac Sim requires a GPU with RT cores for rendering. NVENC is also required for live-streaming.