I am running a simulation where I import a custom usd factory floor. I import the nova carter and via python create 4 camera objects to monitor on each side of the nova carter. I observed that when I create only 1 camera object the simulation runs on 24FPS vs when I create 4 camera objects the simulation runs on 14FPS. The GPU I am using is 1 L40S and I am observing that the GPU is not getting utilized fully in either scenario.
Any configuration solutions to make sure the isaac sim app uses 100% of the GPU when the world is playing?
Having a similar issue now. Were you able to figure out some kind of solution?
@aaronbabu21 i would suggest making a thread with some information such as the Isaac Sim version, GPU and driver, etc. you are running on. it will provide the devs/mods the necessary context in order to offer additional insight.
in the meantime, feel free to take a look at some general suggestions to improve the performance with 5.0:
Hi @aditya30, @aaronbabu21,
Camera rendering is one of the most GPU-intensive operations in Isaac Sim — each camera requires a separate render pass. Low GPU utilization despite low FPS typically indicates a pipeline bottleneck (CPU-GPU synchronization) rather than raw
compute saturation.
Isaac Sim 6.0.0 includes rendering pipeline optimizations. For multi-camera setups, refer to the Performance Optimization
Handbook which covers camera-specific tuning.
For Isaac Sim questions, we now use GitHub Discussions.
Closing due to age.