Jetpack Ubuntu 20.04

Why is jetpack only supported on Ubuntu 18.04, which in many way is obsolete? Have you decided to skip 20.04 and move directly to 22.04?
We are running ROS2 Foxy on Ubuntu 20.04, as many others, with many custom packages with Ubuntu 20.04 dependencies, and we are unable to build a docker image.

1 Like

Hi @allan7, please see this topic regarding the switch to Ubuntu 20.04 LTS in the planned JetPack 5 release:

For ROS2 Foxy container image, see here: https://github.com/dusty-nv/jetson-containers#pre-built-container-images
These have GPU support enabled and I built the ROS2 packages from source to make them work.

Hi Dusty. Thanks for your reply.

I’ve already used your docker framework, and have tried to build on dustynv/ros: foxy-ros-base-l4t-r32.6.1 to customize it our packages, but I’m drowning in errors when I try to install ROS packages and dependencies. Do you happen to have an image that can run smartmicros umrr_ros2_driver?

You may need to build the packages from source as opposed to installing them via apt.

Here’s an example of building additional packages on top of the ros:foxy-base-l4t container: jetson-containers/Dockerfile.ros.slam at 56bdf7e31037b308b6ef3039175c80a64e5e9d81 · dusty-nv/jetson-containers · GitHub

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.