Jetson Nano carrier incompatible for PWM output

I am trying to expose the PWM outputs of my nano to the 40-pin header on my jetson nano development kit. I have followed the tutorial below multiple times:

Configuring the 40-pin header

but every time I do so, I get the following error when running the simple_pwm.py script found on GitHub:

“WARNING: Carrier board is not from a Jetson Developer Kit.
WARNING: Jetson.GPIO library has not been verified with this carrier board.
WARNING: and in fact is unlikely to work correctly”

The back of the carrier board has a silkscreen that says:

“Leetop
900-44555-0000
REV:2.0
20220406”

I’m assuming this is a 3rd party carier board and is incompatible with the nano. I want to order a new one, but can’t get one from NVIDIAs website because of a 99+ week lead time. Does anyone have any suggestions for this?

To be able to use Python you will have to update the kernel device tree according the characteristics of your carrier board. There are lots of information in the forum related to how to update de device tree, ideally you could try to get some help from the Leetop guys, maybe it is a good idea to mail them.

Alternatively if you are willing to code in C/C++ instead of Python you can try to use this library: GitHub - Rubberazer/JETGPIO: C library to manage the Jetson Nano GPIO , it worked for other people with non official dev kits, it is worthy a go if the header pinout in your board is exactly the same as the official dev kit, most of them are anyways.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.