Jetson TX1 thermal management issue

Hi there, we have designed a customized carrier board for tx1, it worked fine. But also found a problem. When the temperature of tx1 gets high, tx1 will always reset. So I used the command:# cat /sys/devices/virtual/thermal/thermal_zone1/temp to monitor the temperature of cpu every 20s, the result was very strange, sometimes temperature of cpu was 70°C and caused tx1 reset, sometimes 60°C and caused reset. Sometimes 90°C but tx1 worked fine, our hardware engineer tested the board and reported this reset-issue is caued by some software reset signal. According to the doc TDG-08214-001_v01.pdf, I can’t figure out the issue. Please help me, thanks a lot!

Hi nick,

Do you have the log? What’s the input voltage level, 19V or … ?

Hi Trumany
which log? Seems like abnormal reset log didn’t generate. I tried several input voltage levels, 12V, 17V, 18V, 19V, almost are the same problem.

Hi Trumany
which log? Seems like abnormal reset log didn’t generate. I tried several input voltage levels, 12V, 17V, 18V, 19V, almost are the same problem.

Hi nick
Please check the /var/log/syslog* and /var/log/kern.log, before repo the problem please delete all of them first.

Hi nick,

Have you managed to get the log or this issue has been resolved?

Thanks

Hi kaycc
Problem solved, it turns out the issue came from our algorithm program, some memory problem make the system crashed. At first I just noticed the temperature of the cpu and other parts, the thermal management is fine. Thanks a lot!