What are the actual boot/startup Temperatures?

I am doing thermal testing on the Jetson TX1. I know that previous versions of driver package was constricted to 44C. I am currently running this:

TEGRA LINUX DRIVER PACKAGE
R24

It seems as though that this has been updated in the release notes. Does anyone know if this is actually on R24 and if not do I need to patch it?

Also, is there anyway I can set this manually? I am also using an Elroy carrier board if that makes a difference.

Any help would be great. Thanks

Hi lippert216,

During system running, you can check the CPU/GPU temp by:
cat /sys/kernel/debug/tegra_soctherm/cputemp
cat /sys/kernel/debug/tegra_soctherm/gputemp

See also in below thread:
[url]https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/952858/jetson-tx1/themal-control-system-is-unstable/post/4945513/#4945513[/url]

Thanks

Kayccc,
Thank you for the response. The Jetson TX1 performed very well during my testing. I was able to restart the Jetson @ 90C and it booted be up properly. I did take the Jetson to very high temperature and was capable of getting it to crash. However, it seemed like the CPU temperature easily passed the 103C system shutdown limit when running. I am still going through my data but this could be an issue because it can cause damage to the system itself if not shutting down at a “safe” temperature. I saw the CPU temperature get as high as 107C without automatically shutting down.

Thanks