Jetson tx2 failed to start nvpmodel service

Hi

The first time to flash jetson TX2 by SDK manager on Jetpack4.4.1, there is a hint that says ‘my memory is not enough’ in the host computer, so I delete some files and ‘maybe’ delete something from TX2 in the host, not sure. But the memory is still not enough, and I rebuild the Ubuntu OS and deploy the disk again.

The second time to flash jetson TX2 by SDK manager, everything is going well until setting tx2 up on tx2. I accept the following licenses and finish the system configuration, and it appears to be rebooting, and then it is stuck in ‘failed to start nvpmodel service’ page.

And the tx2 can’t independently run now and is stuck in some problem page.

How can I solve this problem?

Thx a lot

hello lishenglinjiayou,

can this issue reproduce by re-flashing JetPack image again with SDKManager?
thanks

1 Like

Re-flashing by Jetpack with SDK manager doesn’t work to figure out my previous issue, I am always stuck on the page_2. Is there any chance of product problem or lack of some software inside?

You would probably want to simplify flash and save a log of the flash. On command line from the “Linux_for_Tegra/” directory:
sudo ./flash.sh jetson-tx2 mmcblk0p1 2>&1 | tee log_flash.txt
…which will remove networking issues as any cause (SDKM is a front end to the “flash.sh” program and tries to download content…flash.sh just uses what is already there).

The log_flash.txt would save the list of everything flashed and whether or not flash content was missng.

Note that you have a “[FAILED] Failed to start Load Kernel Modules.” error, and this is rarely due to the flash software. Often this is from a kernel which was improperly modified and which does not correctly set where to find kernel modules. It can be a flash issue if for some reason the host PC ran out of hard drive space, and as a result, did not populate the host PC’s “Linux_for_Tegra/rootfs/lib/modules/$(uname -r)/kernel/” content, but it is unlikely (if the host is out of space then other problems were far more likely to fail the flash before ever reaching that step).

It is very difficult to deal with screenshots as well when compared to a serial console boot log. Screenshots miss a very large part of the boot, and quite often the actual error is less informative than is the information which got the boot to that step. I’d recommend that if you want to find out more that you use serial console boot logs. See:
http://www.jetsonhacks.com/2017/03/24/serial-console-nvidia-jetson-tx2/

1 Like