Jetson TX2 First Boot problem

Hi.
I bought jetson TX2 Devkit recently and plugged most needed inputs so i turned it on and follow 3 noted steps and reboot the board.
when in the black screen the installer goes to install UI it stricked on line
tegradc 1521000 . nvdisplay :vrr_setup failed
i waited alot but i dont know what should i do now
Could you please do me a faivour

It isn’t uncommon for video to fail, but for the system to otherwise be booting. Can you check your router log and see if a DHCP network request was received? If so, can you ping the Jetson or connect via ssh?

Serious debugging when much of the system does not work probably requires a serial console. See:
[url]http://www.jetsonhacks.com/2017/03/24/serial-console-nvidia-jetson-tx2/[/url]

Thanks for your reply dear.
But when i plugged the ethernet cable and gonna connect it to the pc there is no led on the board on and my pc system does not detect any connection.

I Could connect it to serial console in my host pc , but how should i diagnostic it

could any one help me

First, the ethernet cable would need a router: DHCP sends a request to the router for an address, the router assigns the address. So a router must be connected to the Jetson before starting to boot. Sometimes a PC can be used as a router, but this has to be configured…JetPack can try to configure this. Either way there will be a log to see address assignment. If you have a PC configured as a router and monitor “dmesg” as the Jetson boots (in most cases you can run “dmesg --follow”), then you will see if an address was requested.

For serial console see:
[url]http://www.jetsonhacks.com/2017/03/24/serial-console-nvidia-jetson-tx2/[/url]

This URL shows one cable which will work…there are many:
[url]USB to TTL Serial Cable - Debug / Console Cable for Raspberry Pi : ID 954 : $9.95 : Adafruit Industries, Unique & fun DIY electronics and kits

Basically you run a serial console program on your host and it becomes a text mode terminal. Setting would be speed 115200, 8-bit, no stop bit, 1 parity bit, no flow control (implies software flow control). Abbreviated 115200 8N1. This is something you can set in some configuration of the serial console program…nothing needs to be done on the Jetson side, it’ll just work. FYI, once you get that working there is usually a log you can enable for the serial console program.

I prefer gtkterm for serial console, minicom has been around forever and is usually installed by default, cutecom looks kind of nice as well. The part which might change is that if you use a serial USB adapter (such as from the URL above), then the host side will name a port such as “/dev/ttyUSB0” instead of something like “/dev/tty0”. Sometimes a serial port program (such as gtkterm) won’t allow that in a menu, so editing a config file is needed…thus if you can’t assign the ttyUSB# just ask here or try one of the other programs. It isn’t really as complicated as it sounds, but each program has a different interface to adding setup…then it “just works” even when much of the embedded system has crashed and burned.